Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Zebco wrote: Sometimes too much weight will halt your cast. Certain rods can only produce distant with a certain amount of weight.
Forgot to mention that, thanks !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) It is all about the torque in the rod. Been trying to explain this to beach fishermen for years.
None listen, all watch me real them in. :wink:

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

today I went just to stock up on bait. The gogs were not bugging so I had to snag them. Noah got a HUGE gog. Then the hoos pushed in and the macks followed. I put a small hoo a free line and it got destroyed by a mack. then it slowed down. no one could hook a mack and then a guy catches one on squid :roll: . Or at least thats what he said he was using. O I forgot. two nice kings caught around 8 AM.
GET THE GAFF!!!

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

phino wrote:i was thinkin about headin out there tomorrow to get some of the hoo's, anyone know if the pier is open tomorrow morning and if the hoo's will be around?
the hoos will definetely be there if u put a chum bag down but, I don't know if the pier is open.
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Zebco wrote:8) It is all about the torque in the rod. Been trying to explain this to beach fishermen for years.
None listen, all watch me real them in. :wink:
Ya, Right, the physics of potential energy ( loading the stick) and kenetic energy released ( the actual whip and cast ) are pretty straightforward....

What I meant and did not make clear was that right about now, you should be using something to get at least 8 out there maybe more if trolleying....gogs of the size being caught n used right now, coupled with a decent current and wind drag on the line could make a 6 move around a lil...

6 pyramids will hold Hoo's and summerbaits in summer seas ( At Deerfield anyways...)
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

STOP BRINGING MATH INTO FISHING !!!!!!! I want to die knowing that algebra is a waste of time.

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

fishnfool73 wrote:STOP BRINGING MATH INTO FISHING !!!!!!! I want to die knowing that algebra is a waste of time.
:stupid:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

fishnfool73 wrote:STOP BRINGING MATH INTO FISHING !!!!!!! I want to die knowing that algebra is a waste of time.
8) It is well known fact that all crack dealers in the ghetto need algebra to divide and export its produce.
Get with the program Starsky!

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”