Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

BJR, I only fish the weekdays there.

As much as I am growing to love this pier, I still think it is not a great place to be on the weekends.

Gotta be a way to stop this thievery...

I am gonna speak to Joe if he is there today....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Beachbum wrote:....NOW REEL IN YOUR DAMN SLACK LOL
LOL

http://soundamerica.com/soundamerica/so ... inebox.wav
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

DFP is installing a new high res camera in the baitshack.
Camera survailaince is also in effect for the T area, so I would keep my gear there from now on if you do not already.....

On another note, fishing was slow today...plenty of bait both gogs and ballyhoo, but only 1 king and a nice mac I heard about....I goy a nice blue runner at lunch :roll: and also managed somehow ro reel up a gotcha and a krokodile spoon on the same cast - both were totally serviceable and went into the box....lol
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

after cookinman left there was nothing much but a smoking run on my Torium and a 2 kings skyrocketting in the distant water.
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Dead dead dead today. Loaded up on gogs for the weekend :)

Ballyhoo were so think it was stupid.....Maybe tomorrow we load them up again as well....gotta restock :)
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Yesterday was rainy and windy at lunch...I made it to the middle hut between drops and bugged a doz - 20 gogs for the freezer as backup and split.

A few folks standing on the T may have landed a few Lessers it looked like.

I would bet today will be better. Ocean is stirred up and the sun is out ( Prime Gotcha tossin time.

If not, oh well, time to get some bally for the freezer..lol
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

west wind today!
balloon out gogs
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

frentals wrote:west wind today!
balloon out gogs

Looks to be out of the S by the flag pole here at the office....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Off of Commercial and Fed ripping west/sw wind 15 - 20 go get em....

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

My Flag lied - By the time I got to the pier, rippin W/SW as well.

gogs and ballyhoo all over. Bally showers from time to time...a few chases on the gotcha, but noting in the hour I spent there.

Maybe the kids do better -

Water DID look" nervous" though and nice seafoam green...Something has gotta break soon.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Well, after you left, there were kings and bonita EVERYWHERE. We got one up and two lost. Live Ballyhoo was the trick but you had to be fast. As quick as they came, they were gone. It was a spectical.
GET THE GAFF!!!

frayedknot
KING MACKEREL

Post by frayedknot »

Any of you guys see a little 16 foot flats boat out there trolling for kings? :D

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

kngfshman wrote:Well, after you left, there were kings and bonita EVERYWHERE. We got one up and two lost. Live Ballyhoo was the trick but you had to be fast. As quick as they came, they were gone. It was a spectical.
cool. I has a feeling something was gonna happen, those ballyhoo were getting slapped all over the place while I was there...
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

frayedknot wrote:Any of you guys see a little 16 foot flats boat out there trolling for kings? :D
sure did :D
GET THE GAFF!!!

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

i went out there today and got a mack on my first cast with a side winder. there was another small tiger caught and only one king landed. big blues went off around 8 and were still goin after i left at 10. one of them was skeeting uncontrolably. :shock:
Anythign posted by me yesterday was not me
but a crazy kid by the name of Zack (fishnchicks)
Last edited by frentals on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

:uplol:

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Went out last night from 5:30PM to 10PM. Hadnt been fishing in like 2 weeks due to a crazy schedule.

Gogs were around but not in mass quantity. There was some other bait further out that I could see while placing my bottom baits. First bait out produces some kind of scorpion fish looking thing with whiskers and what looked like wings. Then the bottom bite shut off.

Bluefish came through later on that night but not in force. There were about 10 caught amongst the people at the T.

I was digging beneath for grovers and having a heck of a time. Got three fat 11inch fish. Also caught 2 margates.

I was teaching my girlfriend how to dig for snapper and when I walked away to tend to another rod, she starts screaming. So I rushed back over thinking this was the big grover I had been looking for all night but alas, it was not. :(
Instead my girlfriend caught a nice little snook about 18-20 inches. :cheers: :dude: Some quick pictures of her and I with the fish and back he went.

That was really all the action for the night. Tight lines to all.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Fished 11-2 A

Same night same place -

Landed 2 OK sized Bluefish, not the Barry Bonds Blues that have been around previous week...

Got one on a live grunt courtesy of MR Squidfisher ...lol and another on a big Gog Head.

I kinda tried to explain how to keep lines in the place you cast them by using correct shaped weights ie Pyriamid vs the standard 2 oz barrel of many squidders fishing the T at DFP....lol he just could not figure out why his stuff was ending up all over mine. He was a cool guy and may have learned something from what limited info I could pass on.

Water was CLEAR !

Nice to see the downlights at DFP as this was the first night trip IU made there in a while... :P :P :P

TJ landed a nice flounder ( like 20' or so - Good eats !! )

...and also got a silky that we removed a few hooks from...getting caught again by us was the best thing that happened to that shark in a while I see. 8)

...and AGAIN -

HOOKS DO NOT RUST OUT IN 3 DAYS....Whoever believes this is just kidding themselves... :wink:

All in all a great way to get out of the house and decmpress for a few hours - makes being tired in the office OK today :)

Mikey - we may yet hit that pier at the same time one day....haha
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Nice report Cookin'. TJ is a nice guy. We were sharing tackle and stories all night. He catches some good fish off that pier and has got the multiple rod thing down pat. LOL

I forgot to mention the down lights and the clear water. Cookin' pretty much covered it all after I left.

And yes buddy, we will make it out there at some point together soon. Good talkin to you though.

Until then... Tight lines.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

mikeypbg wrote:Nice report Cookin'. TJ is a nice guy.
I have never seen anyone cast a squidder that far either...man that kid has that reel tuned like an indy car !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Yep. Hes good.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

slow today. jason got a decent mack off tolley and another on someone elses rod. It got to be so bad that I was snaging gogs for fun. :roll: :roll: :o
BEAST
snapperkiller

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Oh yea and some bonnies were there
BEAST
snapperkiller

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

i saw that flounder and it was nice! tj let me cast his squider once and it was amazing but reeling it in is a bi*ch

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

fishandchicks wrote:i saw that flounder and it was nice! tj let me cast his squider once and it was amazing but reeling it in is a bi*ch
yea, I reeled it in once after he TJ casted it and let me tell u, suki could have landed 2 kings in the time it took :nopity: :lol:
GET THE GAFF!!!

kellsdad
Fisher

weights

Post by kellsdad »

when your casting of the T, what are you using for weights? 2's+ ??

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: weights

kellsdad wrote:when your casting of the T, what are you using for weights? 2's+ ??
For trollys, six is the norm, but I guess if you are using lighter tackle, you can use a lighter weight, but I suggest that you make it hold better by rigging the weight with wire prongs.
BEAST
snapperkiller

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: weights

Post by Cookinman »

snapperkiller wrote:
kellsdad wrote:when your casting of the T, what are you using for weights? 2's+ ??
For trollys, six is the norm, but I guess if you are using lighter tackle, you can use a lighter weight, but I suggest that you make it hold better by rigging the weight with wire prongs.
It is based on your line class weight , size of the livie you are sending out and conditions in the surf really. Personally with the 3/4 to 1# gogs that have been the norm at DFP Lately, I would not use less than 8...Maybe even 8 pyramid with a smaller Barrell on top to drive it a tad further.

Better idea is to make a sand spider. Though I have never used one, any of the the fellas from the Mid Atlantic states could prolly advise better.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Those goofy weights with the wires that spread out after hitting bottom are called Spider Weights. Mainly used overseas for a reason.
Sometimes too much weight will halt your cast. Certain rods can only produce distant with a certain amount of weight. One rod can cast with a 6 oz., but less distance with an 8oz.
Use pyramids. That is what they are for. Distance and holding bottom.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”