Juno Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
sarge
Fisher

sun. report

Post by sarge »

1st time there as well~a lot of fishers in close/hi surf & windy. strict 3 rod rule got 1 confiscated $3 entry/free park. water milky/weedy, everyone jigging for pomp, saw a few landed. got a few spadefish on biki tip w/shrimp. no macs w/gotcha, finally got a keeper pomp. heard reports of snook/mac/blue/cob though. it def worth investigating. sarge out

Libbs25
Fisher

Post by Libbs25 »

Is the T open yet? IS their any bait showing up

Juno Geezer
Fisher

Post by Juno Geezer »

This weekend was a bit slow, but there were a few fish to keep u awake. Saturday there were some macks, a few pomps and snook, mostly 24-26 inches. Bait showed up after noon. Sunday about the same. Monday I lost two cobes snook fishing. Hard to control a 30 pounder when it doesn't get more than 10 feet from the pier. had the first one to the net but couldn't guide him over it. Curse the rotten luck!!!!

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

Juno Geezer wrote:This weekend was a bit slow, but there were a few fish to keep u awake. Saturday there were some macks, a few pomps and snook, mostly 24-26 inches. Bait showed up after noon. Sunday about the same. Monday I lost two cobes snook fishing. Hard to control a 30 pounder when it doesn't get more than 10 feet from the pier. had the first one to the net but couldn't guide him over it. Curse the rotten luck!!!!
What kind of bait was showing up at the pier? Sabiki them?
Snook Master

Juno Geezer
Fisher

Post by Juno Geezer »

greenies sat and sun, a few pilchards monday. lost my fish on half a dead sardine fished under the pier

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

Juno Geezer wrote:greenies sat and sun, a few pilchards monday. lost my fish on half a dead sardine fished under the pier
Any size to the greenies or pilchards? The snook shown up?
Snook Master

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Juno Geezer wrote:greenies sat and sun, a few pilchards monday. lost my fish on half a dead sardine fished under the pier
Hey Skippy, Shaved that beard yet? Are Betty and John still fishing there? is Brad still getting $150.00 fines for chopping tails of snooks?....LOL...You might not remember me.....I haven't been there in a long time. After July last year, it got kind of crowded in there.

So the cobias are there on and off? I take it that the fish you lost was a snook....still using those zeniths(spell check please)? The mangroves should start coming in there soon.

Good luck man, not that you need it.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

cudaman wrote:still using those zeniths(spell check please)?
Well, found the spelling it's Sennet...

BeingJustin

Post by BeingJustin »

Was there Yesterday (11th), It was my first time there and I was very amazed!, We didnt catch anything really but it was PERFECT! Snook crusing all along the pier!...Bait really wasnt there but then CROKERS came!...Snagged them one by one and dropped them straight down off the T and with in seconds! 40" plus snook would TAG it!, My buddy only brought his 4/0 with 30# Main so there was no compition, the snook had RAPED us!...But it diffently was fun seeing how many would come after you hooked one!...Deff. will be there again!, would have love to got shark bait for the Keys but hey what can you do!

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Those snook are ravenous in the summer. Welcome to Juno! Guess its time to head up there and try my luck. Nice Report.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Anything happening at Juno lately??
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

my friend ANGEL went and said the bait is back with the macs and heard of a 55LB PERMIT CAUGHT http://www.junobeachpier.net/showthread.php?t=555

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Bait, Macks, Boneys, Snook
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

You forgot the "biki" fish you caught! :lol:
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

newportpierrat
Fisher

Post by newportpierrat »

Sunday the water was flat and clear until about 2pm when it rained a little and it became a little choppy. I ended up with 1/2 of a Bonita a couple runners and two BIG Snook. Bait was scattered. Other than that it was slow :? Still I had a fun day of fishing :D
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYY
,)
>(((((*>
')

duck772
Weekend Warrior

Juno Report 07/15/07

Post by duck772 »

Sorry Fellas no camera = no pics but ill tell you what im from jensen and the water down there is so gorgeous that you can see directly to the bottom at any spot on the pier. Ok Now to the fishing there is plentiful amounts of bait but you have to use a relativity small sabiki such as a no# 3 or 4 with a one oz weight, for bigger bait for bigger fish you got to work a little but not to much because there only 50 ft away from the bridge so a short lil cast will yield a hours worth of bait. The Bonita ran through and the cudas came right after them and sure enough we were there to grab the head for bait, kids were pulling in cudas all day along with one idiot who killed a 40"+ fat snook who just DROP IT so if you are fishing from a pier remember to use the drop net and not just drop it because if you drop it it will severely damage its inerds... so to everyone good luck and keep up the great reports... :dude: 8)
Team OldSkool Jr.

swordafishy
Seasoned Fisher

Post by swordafishy »

I headed up Sunday afternoon to my place in juno, and decided I would wrestle with some big linesiders at the pier…
The game plan was to fish for snook Sunday afternoon, hope that some nice bonies move through Monday AM, and then catch the tri-rail back to Miami before 12 noon…

Arrived at the pier Sunday afternoon at approximately 3:00PM to find some smaller baits hanging around the pier (dines, cigar minnows, pilchards, ballyhoo) as well as some nicer threadies off the pier… small 3/4 sabikis did the trick on most baits…

First drop under the pier on the 8’ calstar took me to school and completely straightened my owner 3/0…
I try for awhile to catch another bait, and finally nail a couple nice threadies… immediately reset back down and connected with an average linesider…

No bonitas nor kings/macs caught while I was there in the afternoon… so I decided to head to the condo and dig up some grub at the PA bbq…

Monday AM… at the pier early… yielded flat seas and more bait… good pods of sardines were coming through with lots of runners being caught… just as the sun was coming over the atlantic the bonies showed up thick… I was able to nail 3 on bottom baits (live sardine) and one on plug – got worked on my stradic 5000… this was all before 10:30AM

I left the pier at 11 and caught the tri-rail back to Miami (car troubles)…

The game plan worked out nicely… I ought to be up there soon, once again, hopefully the bait will be even thicker

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

nice fish man...so the bait wasn't to hard to come by huh?
Snook Master

swordafishy
Seasoned Fisher

Post by swordafishy »

pier-afficionado wrote:Dude small world, I was fishing right next to you. My wife was the one from Miami/hollywood. Let me know next time you are heading up.

I knew I recognized you from somewhere... that's a sweet accuplates you've got there... love the color...
I'll let you know next time I head up

swordafishy
Seasoned Fisher

Post by swordafishy »

BigNiner19 wrote:nice fish man...so the bait wasn't to hard to come by huh?
not really... there are a bunch of cigar minnows and little sardines held up under the pier that are pretty tough to sabiki up

but the bigger baits were hanging out just a little ways from the structure... they'd move in and out

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

I knew I recognized you from somewhere... that's a sweet accuplates you've got there... love the color...
I'll let you know next time I head up[/quote]

DONT TELL HIM ABOUT ANY OTHER AVAILABLE ACCUPLATE COLORS OR HE'LL CHANGE THEM AGAIN!!!! LOL!

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Are they catching the Bonies on bottom rigs with livies or plugs?

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

any reports? Its been hot and i havent been to the pier in a few weeks.
Snook Master

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Sharkman954 wrote:I was there today with my friend Ian.Together we got over 20 snook.Most were over 20 pounds.I got one that was 49 inches.It was measured.It kicked my behind for 20 seconds then it was over.Over all it was hot as HELL.I lost one snook that could have been over 45 pounds easily.I fought it for over a minute and i was extremely tired.I was gasping for a little while.THere were millions of runners around.I only have pics on a dispose-able camera.I got there at 6 35 and left at 2 30.It was like a desert out there.There was also 3 or bonies caught.........

~Robbie~
Looks like the snook up at Juno actually eat :lol: . What did you catch the Snooks on?
GET THE GAFF!!!

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Sharkman954 wrote:Everything! Runners,small cigar minnows,small gogs,small pilchards...and houndfish.

Snook at pompano eat.Just need to figure them out.THey are allot easier to catch at juno though.I am pissed at the monster i lost. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yea, it happens. I lost a HUGE one at pompano once on a live bluerunner that was 11 inches. The snook didnt have the bait completely in its mouth and when I set the hook, the bait popped right out of its mouth. I got to go up to Juno sometime.
GET THE GAFF!!!

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

sharkman,

Did you have a pier net? Its tough at juno when you have no pier net with all the snook you can catch...you dont want to just toss them back down like i've seen some other's do.

cory
Snook Master

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

Sharkman954 wrote:Yes we had a net.Also i don't think just tossing them back kills em.Keeping them out of water does.Putting them back in the water in the net is also bad.Because they lose half of their slime.
I'm not sure tossing a 20lb snook from the hieght of the juno pier down to the water is very good for it either. The smaller ones maybe. But I would think a net would be the safest bet.
Snook Master

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

Sharkman954 wrote:I also seen a Scalloped hammerhead swimiing around.I seen it twice but it wasn't hungry.I seen it chase a pod of snook but it didn't get em.I would have liked to see it though 8) .It was about 7 ft and 200 pounds.Seen some kid Bradly there(local) try to snag it.Kinda sad.I pitched a few runners at after 3 tries i gave up.

Zack of Team Rebel you know who i am talking about.
F*** him
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by crevalejack »

Went to Juno pier today & the pier is too crowded. Anyway lots of Mackerel . We catch them on the North Side of the pier. Left the pier @ 1:00 pm still they're catching mackerel... :D

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

Same today the macks are back in numbers .

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”