Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

Took Tuesday off and got out there. Caught a 19" mutton. Also landed a stingray, lost a nice cuda, and snagged a turtle! Turtle was beached and rescued by a lifeguard.

I met a dude named Richie that used to work at the pier, super nice guy, said he knows BF.

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Sharkman954 wrote:No fish at pompano go to daina
CORRECTION UPDATE:

This just in from Dania: Stay where you are. :?
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Sharkman954 wrote:Saturday and sunday morning produced a limit of pompano for my friend Gean but i dont fish for pomps so i didn't catch any.Saturday night produced some blues and small grovers but nothing fabulous.Sunday morning had allot of pomps...

Robbie
I was there Sat night...I can't say I know what you look like or I would have said 'hi'. I only caught a small croaker that night.
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

newportpierrat
Fisher

Post by newportpierrat »

Sharkman954 wrote:Stng,I am about 5'8,blonde hair and about 180.Just PM me next time you there ans we'll hook up.
:oops: :D

Do they allow shark fishing on pompano pier? :?:
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYY
,)
>(((((*>
')

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

I am gonna try to hit some pomps early Sat and them move out to the Snapper / Mac holes later in the AM. If I make it out it will be from 4a-8a or so. Any shot of getting fleas on Pomp Beach these days?
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Rijkaard wrote:
Cookinman wrote:I am gonna try to hit some pomps early Sat and them move out to the Snapper / Mac holes later in the AM. If I make it out it will be from 4a-8a or so. Any shot of getting fleas on Pomp Beach these days?
are you goin' fishing pompano? let me know so I can meet you there :wink:
I was planning on calling you either way.
If I go maybe we can meet up - If I DO Not, I will be in Dania at wife's cousin's house for Christening in PM on
Saturday, so possibly can hook up at sunset for fishing as well.

I'll try to give you a ring tonight. 8)
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

I think I am headed out there to catch a sunset cast or 2....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

I never made it out the door Sunday evening....I May try this weekend unless it is very flat - In which case I am gonna break the yak out.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

Some guy kept an undersized snook, like 23".

Then there was a drunk going around (loudly) talking trash, making it very unpleasant to be there.

Parking lot out front was dark and some very scary dudes were hanging around, I really thought I was going to get held up when I left.

That's my report for Thursday night. Almost makes me wish I'd taken up golf instead. Oh, to have a boat!

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

That is a big fish, nice
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Sharkman954 wrote:Friend got a 42 inch 29 lb snook.Weighed,
I was there last night, that snook was a monster. Congrats....
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

Sharkman954 wrote:Friend got a 42 inch 29 lb snook.Weighed,
What kind of scale was it weighed on?

My best pier snook (Dania) was 42"+ so this caught my eye :D

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Sharkman954 wrote:Got there at 4 30 and caught bait.Lost 2 macks,got a 400 lb turtle and almost got spooled by a snook alot bigger than the one in the picture above using my 4000 spheros.Lost it though frey'd through 60..... :evil:
Way to get em !!! GREAT pompano action lately !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Big Daddy
Old Salt

Post by Big Daddy »

heres a slob snook dat robbie got
Holy mackeral there, Andy! Now that's what I'm talkin about.:toast:

What time of night? What part of the tide? What kind of Rapala? Where on the pier? (I don't want too much info do I? :lol: )

Looks like it might be time to head back to the pier.

Nice snook Robbie.
Wanna go fishin?
We ain't left yet?

BD

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Got to the pier around 9. got some sardines and pilchards. saw a nice snook in the surf. I tried him for 10 mins. but no luck. headed down to the end and got a 12in. mutton and a 11in. Ytail. Too bad they were short :( . Then around 12 there was a giant wake that formed maybe 300yrds. off the pier. I think it was some Bonito because about 10mins. later a lot of bonito showed up crashing on ballyhoo. Nobody caught any though. left around 1:30 and on my way out saw a 40 to 50 pound poon. Oh and Robbie, what method are you using to catch those Macks?
GET THE GAFF!!!

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

The bonnies were around at maybe 11:30 to 12:00.
GET THE GAFF!!!

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

No problem. I hit the pier yesterday and I started talking to this one guy, then he mention how he used to try to go for tarpon on the pier and how they would always jump off. Then he mention you. He went on for five minetes on how you would beach them and how you would revive them by walking the beach. But on the fishing side of things, I got some dines and headed out to the end of the pier. I had something take some line on my Shimano. I set the hook and he ran me in the rocks :( . felt like a grouper. The blue runners were going nuts and the Tarpon were rolling.
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Ordered a few Pizzas at Umberto's Friday night and took em to the Pomp Beach to eat with the family and friends family around 7 or so.... kinda let the kids play in sand / surf and just CHILL...

Saw a HUGE splash at the T from all the way out by the tot lot....At first I thou ght it was a kid pier diving, then realized someone was getting spanked by a huge tarpon....Saw it thrash under the T - then go greyhounding out thge other side....lol Nobody coulda saved that one.

We have ALL been schooled by a big fish at one point or another......

Saw lots of bass poles on the "T" :roll: :shock: :roll: And figured that everyone was in for a long night.....Lots of anglers there and it appeared to have lots of sardines available.

MAN....WTF are the pilchards this year?

Nice meeting you in person Sharkman954. Next time I see you on the Pier, I will be dressed and geared to fish. Next day I did hit some Snapper, and Banded Rudderfish off the yak in Lake Worth.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice
Report SM954. I think Pomp Pier may be the only place consistant with the Macs right now...
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

geo
Seasoned Fisher

Post by geo »

which part of the pier would i find the macks? mid, or at the T?

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Sharkman954 wrote:Depends on water clearity and current,ect.Normally the T.But i have caught them from the surf to the T
I like the T and on the rail 3/4 way out on the S Side....but ya they could be anywhere.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

Sharkman954 wrote:
pier-afficionado wrote:Don't know why I stopped fishing there??? It's definetly one of the cleaner nicer piers, and the live wells are a plus, just so damn shallow.
But it does hold fish........Even though its shallow every summer i see dolphins(mahi mahi) and bonitas come through.
Have you ever got a mahi off a pier?
BEAST
snapperkiller

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I have heard of a couple schoolies caught off of Pompano but definetly not a species to target there you just get lucky.

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Deerfield gets all the pelagic fish :) . Except: has there been a Wahoo caught?
GET THE GAFF!!!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

At Deerfield I have seen kings over 50 lbs , African pompano to 50 lbs, bonita by the millions ( my record was 23 in 5 hours there) a couple of sailfish hook ups ( none landed) cobia to 67 lbs. , dolphin around 5 lbs 3 of them , never heard of a wahoo though I have no doubt that blackfin tuna have been landed there either. Deerfield is a great big fish pier if you know how to fish it. Pompano pier is good for bonita at times as well but I remember 2 dolphin caught there one day.

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Actually at Deerfield they have pictures of sailfish that were caught this year. There were two this year so far. That one guy Suki, if you know who Im talking about, caught one of them this year and is mad at that pier. He has got kings over 50lbs., big cobia, and basically everything that swims.
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

kngfshman wrote:Actually at Deerfield they have pictures of sailfish that were caught this year. There were two this year so far. That one guy Suki, if you know who Im talking about, caught one of them this year and is mad at that pier. He has got kings over 50lbs., big cobia, and basically everything that swims.
I know Suki.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

Sharkman954 wrote:Have i caught a mahi off Pompano?Yes.It was like 5 lbs and i don't have a picture to prove it.(don't have to believe me)I have caught small wahoo(s) off pompano while fishing for gogs with size 14 sabiki's.I am sure that what they were.I seen the white stripes.Bonito off pompano is rare, but i have caught a sh!t load years ago.But now its a fewtimes a summer.I have also seen a few schools of mahi come in close while snooking,but o hook up with those.I have also hooked blackfins years ago when the bonies would come through.
R u sure it was a wahoo? we always get little cudas off sabikis?
BEAST
snapperkiller

MoJo
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by MoJo »

I caught 3-6 inch sailfish at dania pier 30 years ago.

On gold hooks rig for bait. They were thrown back.
They realy looked cool lil tiny sails.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”