Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

im thinking about going early in the morning for some macks and muttons, but it all depends on my drinking habits. as much as i hate the t, i really wanna get out there and try something.
Smells Like Robot

fish FOE
Fisher

the blues are coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by fish FOE »

this is my first post . i go to daina pier quite alot ,this post is for sun. that past(could'nt post til now i had wait til my account was verified) ,i woke up sun. at 6:00am got to the pier at 7am .the fishing pretty much sucked till about 2pm when i left. i seen a few guys catch a mac about 2 in total on jigs and 2 small kings 16-17in .I was on the T so i can only speak for that area ,their was one guy who caught a monster mutton !! on the NE corner of the T it was like 22in or so about 17in when he got it up though because a big cuda bit almost half of it off,so i decided to come back for the nite bite .got to the pier about 10pm it was very windy :wink: the pier was almost empty i went to the NE corner of the T set up 3 rods w/8oz sinker 2ft leader& 3-4in wire .i knew the blues would come ,i set up 3 rods w/ cut herring that i caught w/ biki.next thing i knew zzzzzzz first blue then another & another for hours .a few times i had to lay my rod down on the pier because when i was fliping one over the rail my other rod would go off, i caught 13 in total 9- 20in or more ,i left 3:30a gave five away used some 4 bait took four home , there was a massive school i seen them when i was reeling one in the bait sliped up on the leader they started to attack it there must have been a hundred of them. what a crazy night at the pier by myself.

fish FOE
Fisher

Post by fish FOE »

anybody know how to post pics on this site

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. I hope you only kept 10 (including what you gave away) of those 12" or bigger blue fish. Those are the rules, just asking so we can have some bait in the future too. :lol:

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

FOE,
Go to this site... http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu and sign up for an account. Once you`ve uploaded your pic, just copy and paste the HTML link ( second from bottom) directly into the thread message box.
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

fish FOE
Fisher

Post by fish FOE »

the 4 i kepted i ate one and froze the rest for later. how can i upload a pic?

fish FOE
Fisher

Post by fish FOE »

thanks for the info goants

njp32
Seasoned Fisher

Post by njp32 »

Here you go:

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Nice catch FOE sure! I don't think those fish will fit in the toaster oven I see in the pic. WTG! And welcome to the forum.
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice work!

Glad to see someone eats a bluefish once in a while besides me :)
Welcome to the site :)
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

I got bored last night and the wife and I decided to pass by the pier
last night around midnight. I'm guessing the rain chased a few of the patrons away.
There were only 5 fisherman at that hour. It was very s...l...o...w...
The water was clear, barely a wind and no fish in sight (besides little bait fish)
I did find a 1oz Gator spoon, so the $2 admission paid for itself.
wow
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

StyngRay wrote: I did find a 1oz Gator spoon, so the $2 admission paid for itself.
wow
How sweet it is,
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

You can eat mostly anything. I had some blue the other night. Soaked in milk and spiced real well.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

fishandchicks wrote:hit the pier today. met greensn95 and gotcha. this guy had two huge macks, one of which being at least 7 pounds on a trollied mullet. carlos has pics on his phone. he got one mack before i left. right when i left around 1 the mack bite picked up. i went 1 for 3 on pilchards.
This was the MACK that would've put DANIA IN THE LEAD IN THE BATTLE I WEIGHED IT 8.7 LBS. This was not the pic that fishandchicks took it measured 29 inches .[img][img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff19 ... 071257.jpg[/img][/img]

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Those are 2 huge mackeral.

one more cast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by one more cast »

very nice fish :salut:

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

the big one is the biggest mack i have ever seen ever! it was heavy too. i knew it was big but when i picked it up i almost dropped it cus i didnt expect it to be so BIG :shock:

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

Oh yea tommy at least we have some thing for the Dania pier section please post it in the main picture section . too bad we didn't have the picture of the 18-20 lb yellow jack caught yesterday .

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

not mine .

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

fishandchicks wrote:the big one is the biggest mack i have ever seen ever! it was heavy too. i knew it was big but when i picked it up i almost dropped it cus i didnt expect it to be so BIG :shock:
Im with zack. The big one is by far the biggest mack I've ever seen :shock:
GET THE GAFF!!!

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

im headed out now to goof off for the night. if you see me, say hi. blue long sleeve button up short and black hat. see yas
Smells Like Robot

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

HUGE
BEAST
snapperkiller

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Those are nice Macks,
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Greensn95
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Greensn95 »

That Mack was BIG! This weekend should be pretty good if that cold front comes through as expected. I will also be there tomorrow.
HOLY MACKEREL!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Damn fine looking pair there!
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

fish FOE
Fisher

EATING BLUES

Post by fish FOE »

THE FIRST TIME I COOKED ONE ABOUT A YEAR AGO I DID'NT LIKE IT ,I THINK I LEFT IN THE COOLER OVER NITE TOO W/ THE ICE MELTED,PLUS SOME TOLD ME TO CUT THE TAIL OFF RIGHT AFTER CATCH ONE AND HANG IT UPSIDE DOWN,MAYBE THATS WHY IT DID'NT TASTE SO GOOD .
THIS TIME I JUST FILET ONE THAT MORING FRIED IT W/ SOME OLIVE OIL & SEASONINGS,AND I LIKED IT ALOT ,TONIGHT I SOAKED IT IN SOME MILK FOR A FEW MIN. FRIED IT IN OIL W/ SOME OLD BAY & SALT. MY WIFE TOOK ONE BITE & TO MY SUPPRIZE SHE LIKED IT AND WANTED ANOTHER & ANOTHER ,BLUE FISH HAS A DIFFERENT TEXTURE THAN MOST FISH LIL MORE CHEWY LIKE BEEF OR PORK ,I CAN NOW SAY I LIKE BULE FISH ,AND IM NOT AFFRAID TO ADMIT IT, IT'S NOT BAD AT ALL LIKE EVERYBODY SAYS...

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

Ricky, don`t forget smoking them. IMHO, that`s the best way to do them. I usually smoke them a little harder than most fishes.

Then, it`s pureed Vidalia onion, sour cream, mayo, and hot sauce...FISH DIP.

Oh, and don`t forget the Ritz crackers.
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Re: EATING BLUES

Post by Gotcha »

fish FOE wrote:THE FIRST TIME I COOKED ONE ABOUT A YEAR AGO I DID'NT LIKE IT ,I THINK I LEFT IN THE COOLER OVER NITE TOO W/ THE ICE MELTED,PLUS SOME TOLD ME TO CUT THE TAIL OFF RIGHT AFTER CATCH ONE AND HANG IT UPSIDE DOWN,MAYBE THATS WHY IT DID'NT TASTE SO GOOD .
THIS TIME I JUST FILET ONE THAT MORING FRIED IT W/ SOME OLIVE OIL & SEASONINGS,AND I LIKED IT ALOT ,TONIGHT I SOAKED IT IN SOME MILK FOR A FEW MIN. FRIED IT IN OIL W/ SOME OLD BAY & SALT. MY WIFE TOOK ONE BITE & TO MY SUPPRIZE SHE LIKED IT AND WANTED ANOTHER & ANOTHER ,BLUE FISH HAS A DIFFERENT TEXTURE THAN MOST FISH LIL MORE CHEWY LIKE BEEF OR PORK ,I CAN NOW SAY I LIKE BULE FISH ,AND IM NOT AFFRAID TO ADMIT IT, IT'S NOT BAD AT ALL LIKE EVERYBODY SAYS...
tommy move this somewhere these aren't reports

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Relax... We are catching Blues now and people are explaining how its cooked. :chillpill: :chillpill: take 2 and go fishing!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

blues were being caught left and right last night, on the t, there wasnt a single bucket not full of em. even i caught some small ones i tossed back. other than that the night was kinda a wash compared to how everyone else was doing. but im a piss poor fisherman, im just here for the beer and chicks. good luck all.
Smells Like Robot

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”