Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
xmarlyx
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by xmarlyx »

good story! bummed cause i had to leave town for work so i wont be doing any fishing for 2 weeks. :thumbdown:

good luck to the rest of you! look forward to reading the reports anyways!
- Anthony

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

probably was a king, i bet thaat there are lots of kings that pass by just no one is swimming a mack or a bluefish
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

released
Weekend Warrior

Post by released »

Thurs AM for sure I saw a 20lb king swipe by my jig and actually cut the strip off. Guy next to me saw it too. This one was caught on a jig/strip. Most of the larger macks were feeding on the bottom. Heard some Ceros at the T and one Bonita, I fished the Hut all AM Lots of Hoos, not much current however.

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

VERY nice mac! :toast:

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Hey Keith (released) good fishing with ya this morning....

No Pomps, some crevies, and a good number of mac's some running a good 4 to 5 pounds were around for those willing to work a bit... several of the larger ones came off of a bottom suicide rig.... mine were on X raps, number 6 and 8's in ghost, olive green ( cigar minnow) and blue sardine, white crappie jigs including one about 4 pounds on 3 pound power pro... :) fun stuff... also had a nice lesser AJ on a jig....saw one short Cobe and a couple of bonita's by others before I had to leave for a Dr appt and then work... Oh remember the two new sardine x raps one of which never made it to the water thanks to a pelican? well a Aj Jack Crevalle tag team got the other new one today...so much for new plugs :roll:

Should be good fishing in the AM but I will have to pass got to be at the store by 10...ya'll catch em up ya hear!
Rick

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

I'm bringing the kids early tomorrow, has anyone had luck with DOA popping corks and plastic shrimp underneath? I usually kill with those at flamingo, but I never tried it at Anglins.. anyone?

Thanks,

Charles

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

released wrote:Thurs AM for sure I saw a 20lb king swipe by my jig and actually cut the strip off. Guy next to me saw it too. This one was caught on a jig/strip. Most of the larger macks were feeding on the bottom. Heard some Ceros at the T and one Bonita, I fished the Hut all AM Lots of Hoos, not much current however.

Nice fish Kieth!
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Actually, about the mackerel story... First of all it is pretty cool! Second YES it could and probably WAS a big king... Under the right conditions and if they are actively feeding they will and have taken Mackerel in just a few feet of water... I have seen them caught off the keys bridges before, and not tiny either... Usually they are around when the ballyhoos are thick, however I have most reliably hooked them (just never landed one from shore, but have hooked them) on legal sized spanish macks! Seen em come out of the water with half a mack in the mouth while the other half sits there quivering...

One thing to note about em is, they WILL come back for the other half... So if that happens to you, sit tight he WILL be back! Try drifting a spanish (as lively as you can) on a stinger rig at the pier in the next few days, then come tell me about it ;-)

-swordfish

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Ya that stinger rig will help as juan mentioned. Good job on the beefy mac, good to see a pic finally. :dude:

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Okay, I already posted this but its not posting, so let's try again,
My boys and I went out from 5am-9am, the little guys caught a variety of weirdos and oddities (no pat wasn't there lol), lizardfish, toadfish, sea Robins, a large rabbitfish, little puffers, wrasse, and some runners and lots of bait stealing.g grunts, oh and some lookdowns, saw the guys next to us catch an amberjack on a live gog, the guys at the T were catching gags, bonita and a large 20+ lb king Mack.

The kids had a blast and just wanted to thank Tommy and the rest of you guys at the pier for making it a great place for the little guys!

Charles

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

not sure who it was, I think the lifeguard guy.. forgot his name, really cool guy. either way, saw a lot of variety today, lost 2 yozuris to macks, one small one and one good size one... but oh well.. what's $18 right? (60lb flouro... like a hot knife through butter!) they both didn't hit until right next to the pier as well... if someone finds 2 fish with a bonita color yozuris in them.. please return...

charles

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

rob762 wrote:Yozuris sure do get expensive.....
I know, but man, they are MONEY!

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

buy some xraps in bulk from ebay! Profit! I fish 20 flouro leader... But then again the xraps ended up being 5.50 each!

-swordfish

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

swordfish wrote:buy some xraps in bulk from ebay! Profit! I fish 20 flouro leader... But then again the xraps ended up being 5.50 each!

-swordfish

I already have some.. they only have the little ones, not the giant sized ones I like.. oh.. I caught a huge gog on the yozuri today.. it was just a little bigger than the lure.. what are these fish thinking? seriously..

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Actually Cy, ask some of the commercial long liners around (theres a few) I have seen a 3-4 foot mako kill a billfish 4 times the size and have on numerous occasions brought up tuna and billfish with their tails bitten off... That is what these fish are thinking. They know that by removing the fishes propulsion system they become easy picking! I was awestruck to how such a small little fish can kill something so much bigger than they are. I feel its the same instinct in shallow water predatory fish! Hell ever seen an 18" bass east a 12" bass?

I love marine biology... Now if only it could make some serious cash then it would be worth it!

-swordfish

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Saturday night, catching lots of cool baits, ton of bait around, water color great.. a decent current... but dead... the only thing I saw come up was 2 sharks and the ravers were pulling in some ribbons, that was all....

Charles

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Thanks fir the report.

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

conditions looked great today...someone forgot to tell the fish.

A few bonita's and big macs on the freelines at the T...no Pomps...and the mac's were real finicky all morning... around 12:30 they turned on for a couple of minutes but went back to their old ways pretty quickly... left before the big rain came around 3

Oh I got that new Xrap back from the pelican that borrowed it the other day... :D
Rick

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Xpierrat wrote:
Oh I got that new Xrap back from the pelican that borrowed it the other day... :D

Thanks for the report...That's crazy! LOL... Good thing the pelican gave it back, better off for him.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

My guess is the whole Xrap.

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Actually we tossed a whole mac on the deck and when he went for it Domic grabbed him and we got the plug out of his side...flew off before we could give him the fish so it went back in the cooler... I'll see if I can lose it to a mac in the AM :D
Rick

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Xpierrat wrote:. I'll see if I can lose it to a mac in the AM :D
\That sounds like a great plan, LOL Dang it I have to work!!!!

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”