Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Zebco »

8) Fished 6 to 11ish today. Pier was lame, flat and clear. Few Runners and jacks, maybe a 10th of the amount of bait as yesterday if that, few Grovers not even legal. And a few small Cudas. 2 slots on shrimp further out, but Snook were pretty scarce compared to how it's been.
That is it.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Thanks for the report zeb.

bluemack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluemack »

Fished yesterday from 1100-1500h good nne wind current moving south lots of bait in the first part of the pier. Jacks, lady fish and small ceros (12-16"). One guy on the T caught a juvenile african pompano. Didnt see any mullet...

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Mullet were around. Small pods moved around a little from the north to inshore to the t then back inshore, then the pod got broken up into little small pods. I couldn't get a mullet to save my life. Those that did had fun with them.
*snip* --- Thats what I did to my line much of the day to get out of messes with the masses.
Too much work and hassle with the fine pier patrons to end up with 2 ceros! :biglaugh:
little guy but nice pic of the pier.

Alot of jacks around. I was asking a guy cleaning a cooler of them for a recipe but he said he gives them away.
My son's friend. They didn't mind bending the rods on jacks.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) Solid solid Jacks. Plenty of Snook, but impossible to have one get a chance to eat your bait. jacks ambush from under the pier. Got wrapped by one, that was the only hit I had.And last but not least,.. azz deep Jacks.
............... Image

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

phino wrote:[ u'll get em next time zeb.
8) I'm tired and bored of getting them actually. About time for a new species to hunt.
............... Image

howsyamama
Fisher

Post by howsyamama »

I actually caught a small Crevalle off Hollywood Beach yesterday, and REALLY enjoyed it for dinner last night. Those who think they aren't worth eating are dead wrong. I filleted/skinned it, soaked the fillets in milk during the day, then put them in a baking dish with a little salt & pepper, a little chopped onions, diced tomatoes and garlic, and drizzled them with some melted butter. Gave them a very light sprinkle of Italian bread crumbs. Baked them at 350 for 15 min, then broiled for a few minutes. FANTASTIC! Not strong or fishy at all. Flesh is dense - tuna-like.

Highly recommended!

GO4EM wrote:Mullet were around. Small pods moved around a little from the north to inshore to the t then back inshore, then the pod got broken up into little small pods. I couldn't get a mullet to save my life. Those that did had fun with them.
*snip* --- Thats what I did to my line much of the day to get out of messes with the masses.
Too much work and hassle with the fine pier patrons to end up with 2 ceros! :biglaugh:
little guy but nice pic of the pier.

Alot of jacks around. I was asking a guy cleaning a cooler of them for a recipe but he said he gives them away.
My son's friend. They didn't mind bending the rods on jacks.

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Must have tasted like milk, salt & pepper, chopped onions, diced tomatoes, garlic, melted butter and Italian bread crumbs :dude: I went last night, NE wind at 10 to 15, low tide at 8 PM, tide started coming in and the Ladyfish were voracious! Got more than a few within 10 minutes of each other. At least I wasn't skunked...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mickreedindy
Fisher

Post by mickreedindy »

Fished the beach about 200yrds. north of the peir today from about 7am-11:30am. Caught my first snook on a silver spoon"loved it" about 22" but love the fight on my lightweight... lots of decent sized blue, and a few big jacks.. saw a few decent macs being pulled in. pods of bait along the beach from 7-to around 10....

BOATS.MOES

Post by BOATS.MOES »

One of my great buddies Ryan King has told me that there are amber jacks in the surf right now so I am packing up my truck to fish the amber jacks.

P.S. I heard they taste great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) He lied
............... Image

BOATS.MOES

Post by BOATS.MOES »

wats your problem zebee? do you think your the know it all around here?

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) I know enough to know better than to think the AJs are running down the beach.

Don't like it,.. go chase chickens instead.
............... Image

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Went last night with the kid. Got 3 Snaps, a small tarpon, a giant snook (broke off at the sand line) giant Ladyfish and 3 Jacks.

BOATS.HOES
Fisher

Post by BOATS.HOES »

Zebco wrote:8) I know enough to know better than to think the AJs are running down the beach.

Don't like it,.. go chase chickens instead.
:drunk:
GET THAT!

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

BOATS.MOES wrote:One of my great buddies Ryan King has told me that there are amber jacks in the surf right now so I am packing up my truck to fish the amber jacks.

P.S. I heard they taste great!
Howdy Moes 'N' Hoes,

I think your buddy Ryan is messin' with ya. Unless that AJ is floatin' in belly up, you might be hard pressed to find one in the surf. I'd target a bit smaller jack in the surf, JC's or BR's. And, yes, AJ's are great eatin'.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, It's much more important than that.

BOATS.HOES
Fisher

Post by BOATS.HOES »

nobody listen to boats an moes he copied my name and he as no clue wat he is doing. Is there tile fish in the surf too?
i dont like it......... go chase turkeys instead. :scold:
GET THAT!

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Ahhh, yo comprendo. Funny you should mention it hoes, I was thinkin' about making a smart a$$ed remark about tilefish myself. Maybe we can pioneer surf fishing with Electra-Mates.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, It's much more important than that.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

i stopped by the pier around 6-pm today.I heard about some nice keeper Snapper,1 Cobia and some Mack and blue fish caught earlier.There was no bait at all when I was there.

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

how big was this COBIA? that was supposably caught or hooked or made up :devil:
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

mickreedindy
Fisher

Post by mickreedindy »

Fished the peir from 2pm - 5pm yesterday "Friday" heavy winds and rain... pulled in 3 nice size blue fish, caught on a white roster tail jig. a nice cero mack caught on a gold spoon. all caught at the north side of the peir at around the first bench. saw lots of blues caught on both cut and live. and1 big snapper around 5-6 lbs caught off the tee.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Thanks for the report :toast:

threeouncesinker
Weekend Warrior

Post by threeouncesinker »

Yesterday 10/10/11, Sunrise: 3-4 pound mangrove, about the same size bluefish, and saw a good 4-6 pound grouper caught. Late morning: a hefty white colored jack, and a few blue runners. Saw a few spanish caught and a cobia at around noon. A few pilchards were in between the blue runners but it was ruff going for live bait. Over and out. :cheers:

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

just got hom from the pier tons of bluefish caught my limit in like ten minutes maybe less every cast pier wasnt crowded pretty empty for a saturday
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

BOATS.HOES
Fisher

Post by BOATS.HOES »

19 in mutton friday night. with joe, nicko, dilian, and airiel. on a piece of bluefish. i will post pics soon.
GET THAT!

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

gruntking wrote:caught my limit in like ten minutes maybe less
8) How do you cut the bait, put bait on hook, get ready to cast, throw it out, put rod down, set clicker, fall over, get hit, wait to set, reel in, yell at people next to you, flip fish,.. and do it all over again,.. and do so each time in less than 60 seconds each time?
............... Image

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”