Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Chevy Juan »

Great report man glad the bite turned on for you!

PeirRat1985
Weekend Warrior

Post by PeirRat1985 »

Yea its not like this thread is for posting fishing reports on dania pier.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I cleaned and moved a lot of posts

OK last warning
If you post an off topic or wander away from a fishing report ----account suspended

If you want to curve people from writing a pier fishing report than Please start a new topic.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion and this is a open forum and I want all to be able to express themselves. I personally think the request was Lame but thats my opinion.

If you are unhappy with the way the pier is being run start a thread.

Stop crying and do something, Dania is a city pier and the public directs its commissioners and they are the ones who control Dania, GO TO A COMMISSION MEETING AND VOICE YOUR OPINION you have that right. I have been or my business partner has been at them and I did not see but a couple of fisherman and I do not believe they are members, so get off your butt and try to do something instead of waiting for someone to do it for you. This is a serious problem with Americans they just cry and don't act and your politicians are walking all over you and they love it. Make there JOB easy do nothing or speak out and make them work for you.

A little example
Last year a fisherman went to the city of lauderdale by the sea and ask them to revoke or change the law against fishing on the beach, the businesses and residents tried to stop it and 3 months later you could fish the beach. That law had been on the books for years and BYE BYE. So a person can make a difference if you want to.

Another thing stop the racial and ethnic low blows that thread the line.

So please abide by the rules on these report threads, they are for Fishing reports or info related to the pier that is relevant. Best to make serious stuff in its own thread so i can make it a sticky or global announcement
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

fixed80 wrote:
bluemack wrote:Sorry to derail your topic guys but heres my report for today
no need for sorry since this is a fishing report thread. :wink: thanks for the report bluemac.

Glad to see a report................Thanks bluemac :toast:

bluemack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluemack »

:toast:

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Since Saturday I have been to Dania 5 times, late afternoon/early evening till about 10 or 11 PM. The bait is nearly gone (at least at night) or hiding real good. Wednesday night it was windy as hell and the surf was horrendous. At about 9:30 my mullet was bitten in half, and as I was walking back to my bucket to reload, I saw a giant snook beach itself chasing something. At first I thought it was a turtle. It happened right in front of my bucket. I couldn't believe my eyes. I grabbed another mullet and threw it out, but no hits. That was a very cool sight. I've seen videos of whales and dolphin do that, but not snook.

Thursday night my neighbor got permission from his wife to go :dude: The wind was whipping from the east and the waves were not as bad as Wednesday night but it was still a decent surf, enough to hurt you. As we were walking back to our fishing spot from the area where we were catching bait we saw the same thing! A snook beached itself right after dark, and he measured it. 29 inches! I couldn't believe it, and he couldn't either. About 9 PM I had something big on the line. It completely spooled my 275 yds of 25 lb test and broke me off. It was big, extremely fast and headed straight for deep water when hooked. I thought my reel was gonna melt. Later that night, my neighbor got a hit and lost it.

Last night my step-son & I went and I got 3 hits, one very big, and he got 1. I lost 2 other baits. All lost or broke off. The weather was dead calm, no waves, no wind, no nothing. I wonder what they are/were? I think maybe a Cuda or tarpon, possibly a ray. At least we caught a buzz... :nopity:

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) It was a Ray... And this time of year, you will want that windy rough weather. That is what makes the fishing kick in. The dead calm clear days are the days to do yard work.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Figured that...Didn't realize it was dead calm and low tide when we went, but the kid & I had fun. Better than watching TV or doing yard work!

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) Iphone pics. Hard to see with the glare. But a load of Snook around. Lock jawed for the most part this morning once day light gets there. 1 keeper caught, others non slot.

Fish food
............... Image

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

rare wrote:Zeb's black & white rod is pimping! :toast: Thanks for the pic & report Zeb
:stupid:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Good stuff man.

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

was there yesturday from 5-7pm. lots of bait and people catching jacks & ladyfish. fished passed the "downtown area" of the pier lol and ended up with a fatty grover.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

sounds good nelson at least you got out bro :toast:

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

Hey guys it Vinny from dania finally made a boatless 8) , been up in juno for a while hammering the fish :reeling: , how has the fishing been at dania latley any muttons around?
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

gofish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gofish »

Hit the pier today with my kid boatless cuban from 11 A.M to 5 P.M. Like these past couple of day's bait is inshore.Smallish Jack's were running in and out some decent size blue runners and lady fish here and there. As far as any muttons being caught none unless you count the 17 1/2 incher caught yesterday evening. No yellowtails either other then the 16 1/2 incher caught yesterday evening. No Macks either unless you count the 24 incher caught Sunday that was gifted to me by a Dania Pier Rat. Thanks Daniel... :cheers: And well back to today the usual Dania pier eye candy for us see below.
29 inch Snook caught today
Mango caught today many more lost
This is what you get when you befriend the pier rats. Pain in the asses no doubt worth the time for sure...OH by the way the best spot to fish is by that black and white rod that Zebco owns but you can only fish by it if you have braid... :salut: Lookout for it during the upcoming Pompano run your guaranteed fish... :toast:
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Great report.
gofish wrote:.OH by the way the best spot to fish is by that black and white rod that Zebco owns but you can only fish by it if you have braid... :salut: Lookout for it during the upcoming Pompano run your guaranteed fish... :toast:

I've heard the same thing, make sure to cast at an angle if you fish in that spot, for some reason the pompano seem to favor baits that are not casted straight out.

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) *snip*

I'll probably hit it in the morning.
We have some northeast coming end of weekend. Get ready.
............... Image

sebastien
Weekend Warrior

Post by sebastien »

gofish wrote: BRYAN

WHAT UP BROSKI
Go Fishing!

Boatless Cuban
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Boatless Cuban »

sebastien wrote:
gofish wrote: BRYAN

WHAT UP BROSKI
What's up sebbb !!
Team STIFF ROD
Fish more Sin less.
Bryan aka Gofish jr.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

Fished Dania today all day got 40 jacks, 2 big lady fish, a nice mackerel, and a big yellow jack. Bait was stacked snook were there but all fish caught were undersized and the bigger fish weren't feeding. Jacks were solid every now and then. Bait was solid next to the pier and moved out on a few occasions because of the jacks. Lady fish came in the afternoon. Tyler(get the net) got a nice tarpon straight up and down. Nothing at the tee most fish were right in the surf even the macs.
Fishing all day everyday

hardcorefisherman
Weekend Warrior

Post by hardcorefisherman »

cudaking305 wrote:Fished Dania today all day got 40 jacks, 2 big lady fish, a nice mackerel, and a big yellow jack. Bait was stacked snook were there but all fish caught were undersized and the bigger fish weren't feeding. Jacks were solid every now and then. Bait was solid next to the pier and moved out on a few occasions because of the jacks. Lady fish came in the afternoon. Tyler(get the net) got a nice tarpon straight up and down. Nothing at the tee most fish were right in the surf even the macs.
around what time the jacks came, because i was there in the morning and i only caught one snook.
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. :(

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

jacks were there all day!
Fishing all day everyday

segg05
Fisher

Post by segg05 »

I'll be heading out there tonight with a friend or two. Would love to meet some of the regulars.. I'm the big guy wearing a baseball cap with an oldschool green/tan plano tackle box and a black/red penn rod. Feel free to come by and bs with us. Always looking for new fishing buddies.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

good luck out there let us know how it went man.

segg05
Fisher

Post by segg05 »

Posting from the cell phone.. I should be getting there just after the storm passes. Running to BPS for a new pier net. Thanks for the luck. Will report while I'm there if it gets good.

segg05
Fisher

Post by segg05 »

Ended up getting there around midnight last night/this morning. Place was dead along with the fishing. Pulled up a couple grovers and a small nurse shark. Did get one nasty pull on a mullet head but got let go before I could set it. Tide was super low after that and didn't get anything. At sunrise things picked up quite a bit. :sunny: Bait inshore by the pier unless the school was chased but they came right back. Grovers being super aggressive. Drop some shrimp, squid, or mullet at the t and a dozen of em would start picking a your hook instantly. Saw a few big flounders feeding with the snapper by the t but no one could hook em. Cudas everywhere, they would show interest but no bites. Just about everyone on the pier pulled up some jacks and grovers, most were small but many were good to go. Saw some nice sized yellowtail swimming around but only saw a couple come over the rail. My buddy said he saw some snook in the water but I didn't see any caught. No muttons at all. And last of all.. needlefish f'n everywhere annihilating everyone's bait from shore to the end. Left with a cooler full of snapper. :cheers:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”