Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2011-2012 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
malibuminix
Old Salt

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2011 "Reports Only"

Post by malibuminix »

TOMMY wrote:any suggestions to what pier to go this weekend
was thinking to go out with a party boat but i get sick very easy
water has to be like oil and thats not the case lately
I was at Dania pier yesterday Tommy and we caught some 3-4 lbs Macks and I heard the blue fish was incredible in the morning.We had live pilchards but the ballyhoos come so close to the pier we started to catch them as well.I check out the pier later today and let you know what happened.

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

malibuminix wrote:
I was at Dania pier yesterday Tommy and we caught some 3-4 lbs Macks and I heard the blue fish was incredible in the morning.We had live pilchards but the ballyhoos come so close to the pier we started to catch them as well.I check out the pier later today and let you know what happened.

did you buy the bait or got it at the pier ?
and yes please let me know

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

TOMMY wrote:
malibuminix wrote:

did you buy the bait or got it at the pier ?
and yes please let me know
We netted the pilchards which is just west of the pier but the ballyhoo's we caught on the sabikis.

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

thinking of going up to juno in the morning any better suggestions ?

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

TOMMY wrote:thinking of going up to juno in the morning any better suggestions ?
Dude I hope you DID go out this morning. Sunday Juno Pier report: absolute ZOO. The bite was ON ON ON big time. Mac's off the chart, one after the other, and it didn't slow down until after 3PM. Blue runners galore, jacks of course, occasional blue's, late morning and early afternoon pomp bite was on. And get this, people (including me, I got two) bonnie's were runnin'. Other assortments of lady fish and junk...the thing is, Sunday's are a drag at the pier. Inconsiderate people, tangled lines, cut off's everywhere. Someone smacked me right upside the head with a huge spoon. Some other poor guy got hooked right in the nose, full penetration....O U C H! Great day of fishing but the crowd was overwhelming
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

ringonose wrote:
TOMMY wrote:thinking of going up to juno in the morning any better suggestions ?
Dude I hope you DID go out this morning. Sunday Juno Pier report: absolute ZOO. The bite was ON ON ON big time. Mac's off the chart, one after the other, and it didn't slow down until after 3PM. Blue runners galore, jacks of course, occasional blue's, late morning and early afternoon pomp bite was on. And get this, people (including me, I got two) bonnie's were runnin'. Other assortments of lady fish and junk...the thing is, Sunday's are a drag at the pier. Inconsiderate people, tangled lines, cut off's everywhere. Someone smacked me right upside the head with a huge spoon. Some other poor guy got hooked right in the nose, full penetration....O U C H! Great day of fishing but the crowd was overwhelming

this is why i did not go out sunday but i guess i missed out hope will be there on monday morning

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

TOMMY wrote:
ringonose wrote:

this is why i did not go out sunday but i guess i missed out hope will be there on monday morning

Yeah it was on fire out there but the people reminded me of why I almost always fish the beach. Probably be back tomorrow though... Hopefully not so many idiots

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

i should be at juno around 9.30 am
hope to see you there will be a pleasure to meet a member

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

TOMMY wrote:i should be at juno around 9.30 am
Tommy ill be out there with the gf but not probably until 2 until sunset. I'll be wearing a blue Columbia shirt. She'll be the one shrieking if she catches something. Should be easy to spot hehe. Any of you guys out there this afternoon feel free to say hello!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

wow it was that bad with ppl. what is everyone using to catch the macks and blues today.

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

cvstrat wrote:
TOMMY wrote:i should be at juno around 9.30 am
Tommy ill be out there with the gf but not probably until 2 until sunset. I'll be wearing a blue Columbia shirt. She'll be the one shrieking if she catches something. Should be easy to spot hehe. Any of you guys out there this afternoon feel free to say hello!
I WAS THERE AROUND 10 BUT I LEFT AT 12COULD NOT TAKE IT
SO MANY PEOPLE ESP ASIAN STICK SO CLOSE TOGETHER I GOT SCARED THAT SOMEONE WILL HOOK ME INSTEAD OF A FISH
WELL THERE WAS A RUN OF BLUES AND EVERYBODY STARTED THROWING ARTIF BUT ONE OVER THE HEAD OF ANOTHER I TOLD A COUPLE TO SPACE OUT ANSWER WAS I WAS HERE BEFORE YOU
WELL YEA BUT ALL THE WAY ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE RAIL
IN ANY CASE I LEFT
LOTS OF BLUES SOME MACS AND A COUPLE OF POMPANO WAS OVER THE RAIL
ALSO A LOT OF UNDERSIZE POMPANOS CUT SOME OF THIS GUYS WRAP THEM UP AND PUT THEM WERE THE CLOTHING WAS SO EVEN IF WILL GET STOPPED NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN
I CALLED FWC AND EXPLAIN THEN I LEFT
TOMORROW GOING TO ANGLINS SORRY I MISTED YOU WOULD LIKE A LOT TO MEET WITH SOME FELLOW MEMBERS

LandCharK
Fisher

Post by LandCharK »

Got there sunday at 2:30 stayed till dark....Pomps were biting pretty steady till evryone wanted in on the action lol :shock: Lost a nice pompano to a guy that rushed over to take a cast over my shoulder after not letting me pass over to the right since the fish was heading to the colum lol, well he didnt and as i was flippin it he managed to tangle his goofy jig all around my 10lb test with his braid, needless to say what happened next lol, all i did was laugh and said if i did that to u i would have gottin kicked off the peir :mad: , but really didnt care, just the point......... an hour went by with nothin but a few more pomps lol Macks showed up 1 hr before the sun went down....Dam dolphins were stopin the macks from coming close to the peir :mad: we endend up with 18 and 3 pomps.. :happyfisherman: ..Very Nice Day yesterday , not a fart of wind.......\

Did anyone get out there today!!!???? Pier RATS should be in school lmao! eatpop :?:

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

Like a bad hang over after a serious night of drinking, when one would wake up the next day and say "I'll never drink again so long as I live" and yet break that promise the very next weekend, I SWORE I'd never go fishing on the piers on weekends and holidays, especially this pier. Yet there I was on Sunday. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN. After seeing that poor guy get his nose hooked right inside and through the skin, AAAAGGH. That was not fishing, I don't care how many fish were biting.
Wasn't fishing supposed to be relaxing? These people should be on Wall Street on a mega trading day...
Happy fishing people, the Mac's are everywhere, with Bonnies mixed in for good measure!
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

kahmad
Fisher

Post by kahmad »

Thats why I always keep a bottle of lidocaine in my car. If anyone ever gets hooked, numb them right up and cut that poop out.

Saves you a trip to the ER and close to $3k anyways.

LandCharK
Fisher

Post by LandCharK »

lmao!!! i thought i was the only one that kept lidocaine on me lmao.....u must work for a hospital, cause thats the only way i got it lmao

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

What time is the pier opening now?

derek
Fisher

Post by derek »

:reeling:

Went there Saturday morning, some blue runner hit all morning, but I want Mackel. Wait until 9:00 am, go home.

derek
Fisher

Post by derek »

:reeling: need fishing report.............
is there any one go to Juno pier???????????

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Ok, so I'm a couple days late with this report, but I fished the pier Monday the 24th from daylight till about 2:30pm. Fished the T, and it started off very slow in the morning...a couple of Blue Runners here and there, but not much else. Then about 11am, saw the first sp mac come up, but they were scarce at first....then around 12:30pm, they started to hit fairly regular, mostly on crappie jigs and gotcha's. Some were fairly small, but some good sized ones mixed in....up to 4 lbs or so. They never did show up in huge numbers, but if you had a jig in the water when they came through, you could usually land one or 2 from each little school that came through. All in all, a beautiful day to be out on the pier!!

derek
Fisher

Post by derek »

:reeling:

Where is the finsh?????????????????
Went Juno Pier yesterday, only got one Jack. Have not see any one catch a finsh.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”