Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by cudaman »

Thanks for the response.

WOW! Looks like they need Zebco back!

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

576mr2t wrote:Is this how pier fisherman mark their territory?
8) It is since last summer.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

seriously when did the world become so soft an femm

omg this guy took a pee off the pier oh no :nilly:
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Zebco wrote:
576mr2t wrote:Is this how pier fisherman mark their territory?
8) It is since last summer.

if thats the casethen i guess that would make mark my bit ch
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

gruntking wrote:

if thats the casethen i guess that would make mark my bit ch
8) I thought about that when I was typing before.
............... Image

rf53
Fisher

Post by rf53 »

gruntking wrote:seriously when did the world become so soft an femm

Boy, that's class! You must be very proud. Hey, if that works for you go for it. In the meantime it seems that most people who want to fish without seeing drunks pee off a fished out pier are going elsewhere. I don't seem to remember that Rockwell moment as a fond memory when my father taught me to fish, and I will be damned if it will be a moment my son has to endure. In this economy the $$ you are costing the place, and the businesses surrounding it will be felt. If I was a business owner anywhere in the area I would be livid and yelling for the city officials to clean that place up... but hey, if you guys want to make a haven for that sort of thing, and the other stuff going on at Dania pier, you can have it. Just stay there, and good luck with that. My last memory of the place is two vagrants walking up to the pier window and asking the attendants, "You guys got beer?". Enough said? Toursit and locals alike be warned!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

rf53 wrote:
gruntking wrote:seriously when did the world become so soft an femm

Boy, that's class! You must be very proud. Hey, if that works for you go for it. In the meantime it seems that most people who want to fish without seeing drunks pee off a fished out pier are going elsewhere. I don't seem to remember that Rockwell moment as a fond memory when my father taught me to fish, and I will be damned if it will be a moment my son has to endure. In this economy the $$ you are costing the place, and the businesses surrounding it will be felt. If I was a business owner anywhere in the area I would be livid and yelling for the city officials to clean that place up... but hey, if you guys want to make a haven for that sort of thing, and the other stuff going on at Dania pier, you can have it. Just stay there, and good luck with that. My last memory of the place is two vagrants walking up to the pier window and asking the attendants, "You guys got beer?". Enough said? Toursit and locals alike be warned!

:salut:
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

everyone talks about drunks on dania

we dont even have a bar yet man i cant wait
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

The last time I fished there it was late night and the pier stunk of decaying fish and this guy sat in the corner of the t and his girlfriend jumped up on top of him and went at it right there,, then I thought to myself maybe thats where the smell came from

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

goodolmikey wrote:The last time I fished there it was late night and the pier stunk of decaying fish and this guy sat in the corner of the t and his girlfriend jumped up on top of him and went at it right there,, then I thought to myself maybe thats where the smell came from

now see thats a good night at the pier
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

caught this cuda and 2 ceros today
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

whatisntseen
Weekend Warrior

Post by whatisntseen »

Damn, here I am, young blood, and I'm not having half as much fun as all these guys when I head to Dania. Forget the water, I'm bringing a handle of rum and some dixie cups to pass around. Apparently it's a party out there!

In all seriousness, I fish Dania about once a month and haven't had many bad experiences. I've been skunked a couple times though people are usually catching SOMETHING. But hey, the less people there, the better for the rest of us, right?

I have no report, but I'm wondering what people are hooking into around now if you all know. Mostly mackerel? If I spend a night under a full moon near the tee, can I expect any decent snapper? Also, has anyone ever tried crabbing from the pier? I have a trap I use in the ICW down the street, but would it be worth soaking a trap while on the pier?
-Andrew

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

whatisntseen wrote:Damn, here I am, young blood, and I'm not having half as much fun as all these guys when I head to Dania. Forget the water, I'm bringing a handle of rum and some dixie cups to pass around. Apparently it's a party out there!

In all seriousness, I fish Dania about once a month and haven't had many bad experiences. I've been skunked a couple times though people are usually catching SOMETHING. But hey, the less people there, the better for the rest of us, right?

I have no report, but I'm wondering what people are hooking into around now if you all know. Mostly mackerel? If I spend a night under a full moon near the tee, can I expect any decent snapper? Also, has anyone ever tried crabbing from the pier? I have a trap I use in the ICW down the street, but would it be worth soaking a trap while on the pier?
now see this gets it
but seriously its been a lil dead as of late
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

fished this afternoon till dark with joey and gruntking the rest of my crew was buzy so got there around 430 caught a cero on a crappy and caught 2 spanish on live gogs, water was green north current, caught a just overslot snook and a 18inch yellowtail here are the pics...
overslot snook Image
18inch tail :king: Image
"Make Money Take Money"

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

your a good fishermen.

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

slob tail brotha

outkast
Fisher

Post by outkast »

Good job Vinie!! :reeling:

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

that tail was 17 an he killed the snook when he kicked it back like a football watched it float by the pier with my own eyes

he vinnie the truth will set you free
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Post by Cannible »

Has the pier been flooded with bait yet?

Liam Idrovo
Fisher

Post by Liam Idrovo »

yep There's always a huge pod of pilchards swimming under the pier but sometimes they're not there and somewhere else along the beach, but they're there most of the time. Bring sabikis with red and green beads. I remember when I was using Hayabusa and there were only two guys catching bait. They were using green sabikis! That's why I went and got me some. There's also tiny blue runners which you can use for cuda bait and snook (pilchards are better off for snook). I stick mostly around the entrance and midsection so I don't know what's around the tee.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

nothing around the T what lil bait has been there has been in the surf kind of a strange year for bait
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

Liam Idrovo wrote:yep There's always a huge pod of pilchards swimming under the pier but sometimes they're not there
8) Would this be a school of contradictive bait?
............... Image

fishing hollywood
Fisher

Post by fishing hollywood »

Hey whats up peoples im new to this its my first reply and report....
I wanted to let you guys know that i went to dania pier last weekend 6pm Saturday till 3am Sunday
And we didnt catch anything it was like a ghost town only caught 3 baby blue runners and
one baby yellow tell so in other word it sucked...
:mad:

Liam Idrovo
Fisher

Post by Liam Idrovo »

Zebco wrote:
Liam Idrovo wrote:yep There's always a huge pod of pilchards swimming under the pier but sometimes they're not there
8) Would this be a school of contradictive bait?

Well I don't know about you or anyone else but last time i went there we just kept catching chards, big and small. There were feeding snook as well. I still can't catch one :shaking: but this other guy hooked one. HOOKED on. I find that many people have their drag on too tight. Of course you don't want them to wrap you but you want to give them bit gals some space. hehehehe

Seastriker94
Weekend Warrior

Post by Seastriker94 »

Wait^^ you wanna tell people what they are doing wrong but you havent caught one... hmmm somethings wrong here but for the most part your right if your fishing 60 or above you can lock it down but under that give a little give lol

drago4951
Fisher

Post by drago4951 »

Got into a conversation with an off duty police officer about fishermen relieving themselves on the bridges or piers. He told me that if an officer wanted to he could charge the person with indecent exposure. If convicted of indecent exposure you would have to register as a sexual predator. That means you would have to abide by all the laws that govern sexual predators like not living near schools or registering just to name a few. That little moment of indiscretion could cost you a lifetime of headache. My daughter goes with me often to the piers. If someone were to do this in plain view of my daughter I would have a very strong conversation with him.

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) That would put a kink in the lives of just about every single regular that pier has left going there.
............... Image

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

drago4951 wrote:Got into a conversation with an off duty police officer about fishermen relieving themselves on the bridges or piers. He told me that if an officer wanted to he could charge the person with indecent exposure. If convicted of indecent exposure you would have to register as a sexual predator. That means you would have to abide by all the laws that govern sexual predators like not living near schools or registering just to name a few. That little moment of indiscretion could cost you a lifetime of headache. My daughter goes with me often to the piers. If someone were to do this in plain view of my daughter I would have a very strong conversation with him.
Pretty shure most of the people at that pier wouldn't care just saying maybe another pier they wud
"Make Money Take Money"

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

drago4951 wrote:Got into a conversation with an off duty police officer about fishermen relieving themselves on the bridges or piers. He told me that if an officer wanted to he could charge the person with indecent exposure. If convicted of indecent exposure you would have to register as a sexual predator. That means you would have to abide by all the laws that govern sexual predators like not living near schools or registering just to name a few. That little moment of indiscretion could cost you a lifetime of headache. My daughter goes with me often to the piers. If someone were to do this in plain view of my daughter I would have a very strong conversation with him.
dude do me a favor an every other real man on dania stick to anglins the people are much nicer an its more of a family place

but on another note i got me one hell of a ray today should have taken a few pics but those who saw will always remember that fish Image
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”