Pompano Fishing Pier 2012 "ONLY REPORT"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
MattyC
Fisher

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2012 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by MattyC »

Any decent sized baits out there? Last week there were only small schools of glass minnows too small to sabiki..

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Fished Pompano yesterday from about first light to 11:30 a.m. Saw Mikey, Max, Joe, Mayor Bob and a few others. NE wind steady around 15, sun and clouds intermittent, good water color with 2-5 foot waves. In short, everything looked good for a full day of catching, not just fishing. I had visions of the bluefish pushing each other out of the way to get to my jig. But, NOOOOOOOO. Somebody forgot to tell the fish. Me? I got a lizardfish on a crappie jig. Woot! Saw a couple of small macs scattered over my time there, and helped a French Canadian family out when their young son caught a small trigger. I'll probably be in some Nordique's photo album now, since they insisted I pose with the kid because I helped remove the hook. I asked all the right questions; do you wanna pet it? Do you wanna give it a kiss before we let it go? Do you wanna put it under your pillow tonight for good luck? But, there was this language problem. :mrgreen: Hey, you know when the fish ain't bitin', I loves messing with the tourists. Especially if they take my pic. CHEESE! :jocolor: It was a beautiful day, good company, some fun, too. Maybe tomorrow!?
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

I too enjoy messing with the tourists, told these canadiens on anglins last year I caught a small surf shark not too long ago, they're pretty common catches, well apparently they were so amazed that I caught a shark they went and told all their friends and were blown away to epic proportions by my little story
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Fished Pompano Saturday, about dawn to around 1 p.m. Northwest wind around 10, good water color, but it was outgoing tide and low tide mostly during my time there. There were 4-6 foot rolling waves starting out over the second reef. Spray was coming off the tops and there were a couple of surfers south of the pier early. A couple of guys hooked up with small to medium sized macs (maybe around 10)(macs, not guys) early using Gotchas, and then around 9, it dropped off considerably. A chum bag attracted the usual spots, chubs and small bwoowunners. Finally, with a good slick going from west to east (terrible current) the hoos came by but not too close. Working them off the south side near the tee, with Sabikis and a bobber took a lot of time. Few came over the rail. They were skittish because of the wave conditions. Finally, a couple of good sized macs came over the rail, but they were caught on cut mac belly strips and a bobber. I mostly helped and kept occupied saving two cormorants and a small leatherback that got hooked. One jerk snagged a cormorant and was gonna cut the line. I think I would have thrown him over the rail. :mad: I got there in time and unhooked and freed the birdie. Ain't nature grand? And as far as Sunday, I'd try a live shrimp on a bobber, as well as strips, just to see if the fussy macs will hit that. But, Atlantic Bait never had any livies when I go there early. Can't that be resolved somehow, like getting a truckload the night before? Hey, I'm just sayin'. Tight lines, Brothers! Out!
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

WetWillie wrote: One jerk snagged a cormorant and was gonna cut the line.
Was it a christmas ornament, I mean cormorant. Maybe it was a pelican. :devil:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

Ok gonna give it a try to post my fishing day at pompano pier,bare with me guys. Went out yesterday from 5:30 am till about 8:00 am, good ne wind, seen some old old familiar faces like good ole mike, doing his thing reeling in a blue fish,set up my gear and from the first cast blue on. Had a great day, lots of fun. It nice to be back out and catching fish. Caught about ten lost a couple big ones, but all the same very enjoyable. I also posted a pic of the meal I made with those blues. Breaded and crayfish reduction on top. It was excellent ,my wife keeps raving about the fact of how good dinner was.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”