Pompano Fishing Pier 2012 "ONLY REPORT"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Pompano Fishing Pier 2012 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your fishing reports :reeling:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2012 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by goodolmikey »

well not much to report but I wanted to be the 1st,,, been out every morning this week from 6:30 till about 8:15,,, today I caught a moonie on a crappy jig,,,, water was clear as a aquarium no current and very little wind from the n.w.,,, I could see fish smashing baits about 400 yards off the pier but thats as close as thery got... Tight lines all

kahukuchuck
Weekend Warrior

Post by kahukuchuck »

I was out there from 12-3pm today with the kids. only thing Screaming on my end was my 2yr old daughter, so I had to pack it up and go.

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

hey anybody been out at pompano lately? or has it been that dead ? :nilly:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Hey, Thig, it's been that dead. But with this weather change, I think I'll "test the waters" tomorrow morning. It must be dead if Mikey ain't reporting. I thought he lived there. LOL.
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

roosboys
Fisher

Post by roosboys »

a few macs early........

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Tested the waters Sun afternoon and Monday morn, saw 3 baby macs total. :thumbdown:

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

hey thanks for the info guys, thought i was missing something, been fishing the inlets for mangroves but hard to catch any keepers lots of undersized fish, but keeps me occupied. any tricks to catching keepers from the inlets? and tried my luck fishing for sheepshead, went out and caught a bunch of fiddler crabs big ones an smaller ones to,just confused which to use, and seems i cant get the hang of when they hit and when to set the hook.read that post on the forum but i dont think he's fishing from the shore, i wonder if fishing from the bridge will give me a better advantage on the set. any pointer guys? :happyfisherman: :reeling:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Greetings, Brothers! Been a while, but I hit Pompano this morning after a long dry spell. Wind was SE @ 5-10, really dirty water but a good shade of green. Lots of sargasso, especially within 30 yards of the shoreline. Big clumps of the stuff. Tide was receding and current was nill and then started south about 11:00 a.m. Chum bags were totally useless. No hoos, gogs, not even sand perch! Saw one small barely qualified mac, one margate and one huge crevelle landed. Actually, the jack was walked to the beach because the dude had him on a small outfit and he actually caught more than he bargained for. He was jigging for pomps and saw a huge school pass the "T" and gave it a Hail Mary cast. Bingo! He was hooked up. He was the only one hooked up. He mentioned something about shark bait. After 2 hours of "casting practice", I was reduced to dropping my Sabiki tipped with shrimp in the corners of the "T" and caught two (2) chubs, which I donated to the local pelican population. All they do is poop on ya anyway. I mean the chubs, not the pelicans. Well, I guess the pelicans do too, after a moment's thought. Other than that, there were some pretty good bikinis strolling by, showing off all their ink. And, as expected, the Queebs were thick and you know how I love messin' with them, eh? They told me I should have been there yesterday. At least they got a couple of keeper macs. Till next time, may the holes in your net never be bigger than the fish in it. (Old Irish Blessing) Out!

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

They lied!

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

Not much to report,,,, and no I dont live on the pier,,,, we are in a lull here,,, when the fish show I will report,,, no report no fish from 6:30 to 8:15 am

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

Hey mikey whats up dude,good to hear from you.I thought that you were reporting pompano's Being caught.they just dont know no fish no report from you, but its all good, snd nice to see your still putting in the time. :reeling:

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

ok fished yesterday morning from 6:30-8:15 caught 3 small mac's on a crappy jig other then that I seen 1 blue runner come over the rail,,, fishing has been slow the last week or so in the mornings,, I do hear they are getting some fish in the afternoons there,,, tight lines all

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Fished world famous Pompano this morning, 7 till nooner. NNW wind (barely a puff), low tide, dirty water towards shore and not a good green color and absolutely flat. Some boat dude kept getting up next to the north side, looking for baits and one guy chucked a 3 oz at him. He got the message but roared away north, scaring everything that swims away from the pier. PMO. That's "Piss Me Off". It was basically an exercise in catching aquarium fish; butters, wrasses, parrots, files, chubs & spots. Spots were used for live bait. Unhooked another pelican (Saved one last Wednesday, too.) that some kid hooked, casting out a large (very dead) runner on a fresh water worm hook with a huge premade wire leader. PMO! The bird was fine but pissed too. Also, a couple of small runners came up. Saw what appearred to be some gogs but they were very skittish. Glass minnow schools are starting to show up. Joe had a chum bag and lured the hoo's in. Got a few of them too. Saw some small macs dash by but no takers. After that, home, football, beer, nap; the usual Sunday follow up. Tight lines, Brothers! Out.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

You forgot to mention the lizard fish were hitting well too. :roll:

roosboys
Fisher

Post by roosboys »

heavier east winds brought in quite a few nice macs off pier between 4:30-5;30 pm..

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Fished Pompano from about 7 till 10:30 a.m., low tide, water was a slimy light green color, some seaweed, 1-2 foot seas and dirty. No current and no schools of bait per se, but some sand perch and runners on the bottom. A chum bag brought NO hoo's. A lot of undersized macs (Like CudeKing said at Dania) but an occasional really nice keeper (5 lbs?). A silver Gotcha with a red head was the lure of choice today. And for those who sabikied for baits under the tee, the file fish were thick enough to walk on (sheesh). So, it's home for a pre-game nap, a couple of tall boys and we also got The Cap'n and Sailor Jerry over at the house. we're gonna yell for the military insects. Who's that you say? Simple; the G. I. Ants! Oh, boy, I crack me up! Out!

ufuentes
Fisher

Post by ufuentes »

Fished from 7:30am to 2:30pm on Saturday. Waves were very strong with east winds about 20 knots. Fishing was on and off all day, with Mac’s being sporadic, 1 or 2 coming up every half hour throughout the day. Until about 1:00pm then we got a good run and anglers were catching them pretty good. No to bad of a day!! Manage to go home with 8 Mac’s…..
mac2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

I knew I shoulda stayed longer! I hate when that happens. Looks like you cleaned up, UFUentes. Nice work, dude! Eat up.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Nice haul of macs there.

ufuentes
Fisher

Post by ufuentes »

We had some pomps show up today. and mac's late afternoon....
pomp2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bluefin71
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluefin71 »

Damn nice Pomps there congrats :pistols:

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

those pomps are pretty fat nice job :dude:
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

any pompano caught today?,,, hopefully they will be around in the morning

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Very nice haul..!!.. :toast:

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

well I got to the pier this morning the water was flat,, very slight breeze and figured the water would be super clear,,,, the regular guys were out there so we started casting white crappie jigs,,,, by the time 45minutes went by I limited out on spanish macks at 1st I gave 1 of the regulars 2 macks and I cut 1 free (he seemed alittle small but still 12 inches) I gave the other 12 to a lady that fishes out there most mornings

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

drago4951
Fisher

Post by drago4951 »

I got out of work early yesterday so I went out to the pier. I was there from around 3 pm to 6pm. The conversation with the felow anglers was better than the bite. All I saw come over the rail was a trigger fish and a small snapper. Some idiot decided to pull his kids on a tube about 40 yards off the end of the pier. I'm sure if there was anything around he managed to scare them off.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

was out there this morning,,, the mackeral bite was on when I arrived.. caught 6 and was givin 4 so I took 10 off the pier this morning,,, threw the pompano jig a bit this morning after the mackeral left but no takers out there... oh well they gotta be coming sometime

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”