Pompano Fishing Pier 2012 "ONLY REPORT"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
sinbad1
Weekend Warrior

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2012 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by sinbad1 »

Just wanted to ask a question about this pier. It reads on this forum that the cost of fishing on this peir is free?? And if so, does anyone know the price for parking? Thank you for any info.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Yes free for now, parking is $1/hr, but no fish there, sorry.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Yes, you can fish for free, parking in the lot just west, is $1 an hour, and importantly, you need to possess a salt water license. There's a free one for shore fishermen, due to a technicality, but if they check you, no telling how they'll handle it (citation or warning). You can get the license on line, @ Wal-Mart or a tackle shop. Again, it's free. Frozen shrimp and squid are available at the shop for about $4 each. Some of my buds have been saying there's macks sporatically during the day. Make sure they're not baby kings and they're the right size. If you don't know, just ask somebody. Good luck.
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

roosboys
Fisher

Post by roosboys »

Saturday morning 6 macs, afternoon trip 2 nice pomps 2 macs..........

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

got out late this morning 11-2 caught one small mac on my sabiki rig, threw my crappie jig and just had a follower no bites, didn't see anyone else catching anything either, just the old pier stories man yesterday we caught a ton yatta yatta, hopefully ill get my timing right.
anyone having better luck on pompano pier?

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

gotta get there early Thiggy,,, pompano were coming over the rails this morning,,, I lost a huge 1 bringing it up and a short jigging,, the guys using bait have been catching them but the bite has been ending before 8am,, seen a couple of macs come over the rail and alot of free jumpers but that bite ended before the pompano bite did

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

whats up mike, good to hear that their being caught, well gotta get my arse outta bed. see ya out there.
:salut: :jester:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Sunday Morning, fished 5:30 to noon. Wind from the east, puffing pretty good, incoming tide, dirty water with lots of weed and garbage (Plastic bags and crud). South current and no bait. Saw a couple of pomps come over and one dude got two really nice sized whiting. Me? Oh, thanks for asking; I got 7 macs on my red/silver Gotcha, with no cutoffs for a change. Life is good. Now, a beer and a nap are on the agenda. Hey, Thiggy and Roos; who are you guys? You gotta sound off when you see the old man with the pony tail (and it ain't Tommy). Beer's getting warm. Out!

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Yeah it was hot this morning if you knew how to work the lure. 8 macs for me but several cut-offs too. :happyfisherman:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

You too, Beo. Sound off when you see the old man with the pony tail. All us dudes gotta hook up. (Hint: I know a lot of dirty jokes.)(Or maybe I'll just shut up.)

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

WetWillie wrote:You too, Beo. Sound off when you see the old man with the pony tail. All us dudes gotta hook up. (Hint: I know a lot of dirty jokes.)(Or maybe I'll just shut up.)
If you see a guy constantly telling his girlfriend "you gotta keep a line in the water to catch fish!!!", that's me. :happyfisherman:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Fished Pompano from about 9 to noon today. Couldn't tell you how many macks came by my Gotcha and waved to me and took off without a bite. Really frustrating :mad: . One mack came over the rail, small but a keeper, and became strips and cut bait for three young dudes. Then, some adult/tourist fisher started wanting to "borrow" a strip or two (or more) and the kids were getting pissed. I stayed out of it. I saw this one dude put out the tail section of a small jack or runner as cut bait on a 6 foot leader, under a monster float/bobber and drift that thing south in the current. His rod goes off, he fights for about 7 or 8 minutes, his buddy drops a hoop net to get the prize. I was standing back out of the way. He drew a big crown of tourists, eh? This dude lands, roughly in my estimation, a 21 inch mutton. I was amazed! Fish of the day. After that, it stayed quiet. The regulars there told me I should have been there yesterday. (story of my life)(yours too, probably). Gonna check the weather for the rest of the week and decide day by day. Anybody else at Pompano, let me know and post it here. I'll buy you a cheeseburger! Out! :salut:

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Hey WetWillie, I actually was there yesterday at 6pm-7:30pm and it was totally DEAD.

I'll take mine well done please. :D

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Nelson, you got a bucket full of what I was giving out that day! It wasn't burgers, it was lead. But, don't try to eat any! :cheers: Beo, we gotta start wearing nametags or something.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

there was nothing but blowfish and blue runners this morning 6:30-8:15,,, I dont even know why I am posting,,, still a nice way to start the day

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

I'll Take Blowfish and Blue Runners For $500, Alex.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

CubanExpress wrote:I'll Take Blowfish and Blue Runners For $500, Alex.
:uplol:

What is... contents of a googan's bucket?

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

BEOWULF wrote: :uplol:

What is... contents of a googan's bucket?
rare wrote:"Insert 80's cheap electronic sound effects"

Double jeopardy
LOL :biglaugh:

drago4951
Fisher

Post by drago4951 »

I was at the pier from 8 am until 12:30. The mackerel were running off and on all morning. If you were trying to catch them then there was no reason that you shouldn't have gotten 5 -10. Saw 5 or 6 Pomps come over the rail from the guy next to me. He was using a yellow and white Docs Goofy Jig. I was using the same jig and got blanked. Go figure. There were blue fish and a few snapper come over the rail also.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

was at pompano pier for only a couple hours today and the minute I got there the mack frenzy was on at the T, had hookups on almost every cast but lost most of them, there were so many guys crammed on the railing throwing gotchas that it was a madhouse. I quickly caught 2 good sized macks then as soon as they arrived they vanished. bite was slowing down considerably then pretty much stopped later on. had an interesting encounter with a very rude angler who thought he owned the pier and that he was better than all pro fishermen on tv COMBINED!! I set him straight, then he got jealous of me when my bottom rod went screaming, I fought something for a good 3 minutes and pulled in a very nice and hefty porgy (fish fry!! :chef: ) the rude patron packed up and left after I pulled in my porgy. after that it was seriously dead but I still had a good time talking with the locals and taught one of them some good knots I know, well till next time!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Nice report, Chris! And way to stand your ground! Wish I'd a been there with ya. Hope the bite stays on this week. May see ya out there. I'm the dude with the ponytail and stupid look on my face. Duhhhhh.......

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Lol yeah, it all started when I had my bottom rod out next to this guy then he asked excuse me is this your rod I said yeah, he said your line is in the way I can't cast you have to move it now, I saw that the wind slightly pushed my line to the right, I said look sir the wind is pushing it a little, hee still had room to fish, then he said don't be an a**hole and move it now, I got pissed and told him number 1 don't talk to me like that, I haven't said a single curse word to you or done anything to you, number 2 if your walking all over the pier and you try to cast your lure and otheer guys lines are out are you gonna get all pissed, whine like a baby and demand them to reel in their line? He said yeah ill tell them to f*** off, I was completely speechless so I gave him a piece of my mind, I. Said, listen I am 20 years old and 15 of those years I have spent fishing south florida piers have some courtesy for the other anglers and quit being a jacka** cause trust me many guys out here will not take it kindly, he said he also has fished for a long time yet he was fishing a walmart setupp with cheap store bought rigs catching nothing! He was just an angry googan, he cursed me out once more and I just walked away cause I was wasting my time trying to get words through a thick skull smh... he left the moment I caught that fat, big porgy, jealousy?? Ehh? I think so, hope he learns not to treat florida pier rats and veterans like that again or else his time is short

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

rare wrote:Thanks for the report, Chris. Just make sure when you find the dude with the ponytail that he gives you a free burger or lead :chef:
I've seen a few guys out there with pony tails, what's his name? Was it the guy I was talking with on anglins last Friday I believe or 2 weeks ago, can't even think now haha

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Chris how was the Pompano i got a call that they were hitting well on that pier this morning????

Oh it was not this ponytailed old man LOL LOL
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Actually I don't know, I was there in the evening to catch the mackerel bite before dark, the locals told me there hasn't been pompano at all lately, I also tried when I got there with sandfleas just before the sandbar, no pompano only caught a crab like that =/

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”