Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your fishing reports for this 2008 year
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Ooooohhhh, im the first post of the new year. Cool! :lol:

Has anyone been catching gogs or hoos at Anglins this week. Gonna need to pack some up for a keys trip this week.
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

went yesterday, gogs and hoos were around, managed two short muttons, an 18 inch lessor, and lost a mack on a gotcha.

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

Was out from about 5AM till 11ish this morning. Clear water, calm seas... Junk fish bonanza. Did miss two drag burners, unfortunately one of them was a pelican :?

Did see two AJs come up. Huge cloud of gogs were getting crashed by them for a bit, but that bite died almost as quick as it fired up. Maybe they had better luck after i departed.

I hope they got around to cleaning up the pier today, It was rancid from the new years party goers plus the lack of bait tables has every other bench and rod table covered in guts.

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

oh yeah, this guy got a monster porgy as i was walking up.

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

Was at Anglins today in the morn. Slow...caught a moonie, that's all. Another guy caught an Amberjack earlier. Met Tom (BF), and talked to him for a while. It was nice meeting you Tom. Hopefully I'll see you again next time I come.

Went back in the evening, nothing. They're catching more birds than fish. 1 bluerunner caught, 4 terns, 3 cormorants.

But there was ballyhoo everywhere!
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

gosh it was reallly wack out today it was extra cold. no fish were biting so decided to find the hoos and catch a few for tomorrows bait. well tell you this much i dident get a few when i came home my total was 78 ballyhoos. looks like im going to be stocked with bait for quite a whyle. ahh other than that. i was packing it back up and bamm the baitrunner starts flying off the hook it was a trolly my friend put it out there but he was nowere to be found so set the hook fighting this dragstripper and wha happends as i was just about to see color "SNAP" ahh that pissed me off well im going out tomorrow about 4 am witch is in another 9 hours good luck tight lines.
fostaa jammon witchu

justin0608
Fisher

Post by justin0608 »

went today and the blue fish were crazy. Between me, foster, mike, and harley we got around 50 blue fish. then at night little sharks.

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

hey

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

well ive got to put my input to tell all of you of a day of a dream. were the water is so thick and infested with bluefish that not only cant you see the bottom but as far as you look out there is bluefish. everywere. simply amazing i got some were around 20-30 bluefish as just me. and my friend mike was fishing for them on a 4 lb test rod it was just simply amazing tight lines
fostaa jammon witchu

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: hey

Post by snakehead terror »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:well ive got to put my input to tell all of you of a day of a dream. were the water is so thick and infested with bluefish that not only cant you see the bottom but as far as you look out there is bluefish. everywere. simply amazing i got some were around 20-30 bluefish as just me. and my friend mike was fishing for them on a 4 lb test rod it was just simply amazing tight lines
too bad there were no macks because then it would be like that day a few months back.
BEAST
snapperkiller

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:well ive got to put my input to tell all of you of a day of a dream. were the water is so thick and infested with bluefish that not only cant you see the bottom but as far as you look out there is bluefish. everywere. simply amazing i got some were around 20-30 bluefish as just me. and my friend mike was fishing for them on a 4 lb test rod it was just simply amazing tight lines
And than I arrive and no fish to be found. The fish shut off during the night. I left at 5:30am. I hope it pick up when I left. I did have fun catching goggle eyes.

patrickmeagher7
Seasoned Fisher

Post by patrickmeagher7 »

This morning at anglins there were a few macks caught and a couple sharks. No bait around at all. It was pretty scarce.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:well ive got to put my input to tell all of you of a day of a dream. were the water is so thick and infested with bluefish
8) So your "dream of a day" is Bluefish.

I bet you take Flintstones vitamins too. :wink:

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

ahahaha

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

accually i do there pretty dam good.
fostaa jammon witchu

Schmidy
Fisher

Post by Schmidy »

Was at Anglins this morning from 4:30 to 8:30. Caught several Bluefish. Lots of Gogs before the sun came up and then they were gone. Hopefully people that got there after me were able to find some bait.

one more cast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by one more cast »

fished this morning 6:45 to just after 11am.. current was slow to the south winds mostly east around 10 and water inbetween clear and milky. Landed 1 mack myself (2#8oz) on a bucktail tipped with a runner strip. Saw a nice hog snapper come up and several snook in the shore line. A bruiser cravelle came up in the shore line as well..... Overall fairly slow morning for what seemed like ideal conditions, hope it picked up for you guys.

islandflyfisher
KING MACKEREL

Post by islandflyfisher »

one more cast wrote:Saw a nice hog snapper come up and several snook in the shore line.

They were there when I went too. There was a nice pod of them that eventually spooked off.

I fished for about 2+ hours today. It was fairly slow except for this...

Caught on 10 lb Test

and a few croakers. I caught two of the croakers.

Thank you to the person that ran and got the net for me, the person that took the pictures, and everyone else that helped me!
Also, thank you Englishfisher (Oli)!

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

islandflyfisher wrote:
one more cast wrote:Saw a nice hog snapper come up and several snook in the shore line.

They were there when I went too. There was a nice pod of them that eventually spooked off.

I fished for about 2+ hours today. It was fairly slow except for this...

Caught on 10 lb Test

and a few croakers. I caught two of the croakers.

Thank you to the person that ran and got the net for me, the person that took the pictures, and everyone else that helped me!
Also, thank you Englishfisher (Oli)!
nice catch! and even nicer dedication speech lol

SnookMook
KING MACKEREL

Post by SnookMook »

IFF--Nice work on that snook. What did you catch it on?

"May your lines be tight and your shake off's and break off's memorable."

http://forshorefishing.theledger.com/

Danger Zone

Boatless Fishing Shirts

Post by Danger Zone »

Where can you buy the shirts at? :?:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Fished last night from 9-2A

Plenty of gogs to be had, they were on and off then got really easy to catch around midnight.

Landed a half dozen blues ( to 19' )( and a couple short muttons...

Water was almost dead, currentwise, most of the night, then started to pick up to the N around 2...Clear clear clear water :(
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

i thought you were feeling it mr.cookinman what happened.??
fostaa jammon witchu

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Cookinman wrote:Fished last night from 9-2A

Plenty of gogs to be had, they were on and off then got really easy to catch around midnight.

Water was almost dead, currentwise, most of the night, then started to pick up to the N around 2...Clear clear clear water :(
Were you bugging the Gogs or using sabikis in the lights?
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

kngfshman wrote:
Cookinman wrote:Fished last night from 9-2A

Were you bugging the Gogs or using sabikis in the lights?
Neither, Crappie jig tipped with a tiny strip of squid.

TT I was definately feelin it, but it was just not feelin me....I just could not dial into a keeper Mutton, but considering the conditions ( NO current and Clear ) I guess I did OK grapping the couple shorties I did get....

Ballyhoo were preferred to gogs last night as well....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Fished tonight 9-12am, FINALLY I caught my first fish at Anglin'. I have been 0-5. Landed 2 blues 13-14" and lost something big that nailed my gog. Few people were also catching blues also. The action went dead after 11:00. Lots of pilhards and some goggles around. Saw a 50-70lb tarpon and a few snook around the lights. Average night of fishing, fished at the first hut.

Bolo

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

CONGRATS ON THE FIRST FISH AT ANGLINS :toast:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Fished yesterday night 9-11pm. Water was calm and clear. Fishing was very slow, saw one hook up on a blue. Bait was around early but disappear later on the night.

fishingdude
Fisher

Post by fishingdude »

gonna be out at commercial tonite 10--- till. I'll be the asian guy.
www.teammotherocean.com

4-6 is always better than 9-5

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”