Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
elchiri
Fisher

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by elchiri »

I went there today with my kid from 8:45 am till 4:00pm , and we catch 1 big AJ; 1 Motton 16 1/3 in, I lost 1 mac, and I put back 2 Snappers they where like 14 1/2 in, plenty pof bait

Windy, raining like crazy, but a nice day after all....
learn to fish it's a daily task.

kung-fu fisherman
Fisher

Post by kung-fu fisherman »

i've been in this forum many times, until now to read the forum I had to create an acct. No other forum good as this one. Thank you all.

englishadam
Seasoned Fisher

Post by englishadam »

Any reports for Dania I'm going out there tonight after work around 7pm.

Pier2Pier
Fisher

Post by Pier2Pier »

No Dania reports since Monday. What's that all about???

englishadam
Seasoned Fisher

Post by englishadam »

Hello all,

I was fishing Dania last night from 8pm till around 4am (fishing the north east corner of the T casting as far out as possible), fishing was great blue fish all over the place (had 2 nice ones around 20") also had some great permit, mutton & mangrove snapper. Wasn't much bait around a lot of people were fishing under the pier and catching snapper like crazy. Hooked up on a couple of nurse sharks also landed a nice 3ft ray (released).

Would go again tonight but its girl friends night :)

Adam,

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

englishadam wrote:Hello all,

I was fishing Dania last night from 8pm till around 4am (fishing the north east corner of the T casting as far out as possible), fishing was great blue fish all over the place (had 2 nice ones around 20") also had some great permit, mutton & mangrove snapper. Wasn't much bait around a lot of people were fishing under the pier and catching snapper like crazy. Hooked up on a couple of nurse sharks also landed a nice 3ft ray (released).

Adam,
How big was the Permit mister? :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

englishadam
Seasoned Fisher

Post by englishadam »

bolo wrote:
englishadam wrote:Hello all,

Adam,
How big was the Permit mister? :D
Had 2 around 10 - 12" and one nice one was 16" all on sand fleas, at first I thought they were pompano in till the little spikes underneath shredded up my hand :roll:

Had one rod using sand fleas, one using cut mullet (this road had the most action) and one chicken rig using cut mullet and squid.

mickey999
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mickey999 »

Whats the size limit for Permit :?:

mackadaysmoker
Weekend Warrior

Post by mackadaysmoker »

the min. size for permit is 11"

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Great report. Pompano have spikes as well. Either way permit and pompano both eat great.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

englishadam wrote:Had 2 around 10 - 12" and one nice one was 16" all on sand fleas, at first I thought they were pompano in till the little spikes underneath shredded up my hand :roll:

Had one rod using sand fleas, one using cut mullet (this road had the most action) and one chicken rig using cut mullet and squid.
Nice job. :thumright:

mickey999
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mickey999 »

I went out wit my Cuban friend in the keys 1day ,we got fuel at the weigh station Smugglers Cove some dudes he knows come in wit 3 big permit,biggest 46 lb,next 1, 34 lb ,smallest 1 cant remember??.THats weird pomp and permit both 11 inch min limit ? Cracker Wayne still work at Dania?

natural11

Post by natural11 »

this report is a little late but me and my buddy fished the pier last saturday morning and we caught some undersized yellow tails, and mangrove snapper. he also caught three parrot fish that were pretty meaty we gave them away, it was the first time either of us have caught parrot fish, i was just wondering if they are good eats

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

rebel33i wrote:i baitfish dont like fresh they move out to where its saltier thus the fish are where its saltier so no one is fishing as of yet with the way the wind was blowing today
8) Wayyyyyyyyyy wrong.

idratherbphishing wrote:the min. size for permit is 11"
... With only "one" fish over 20 inches.
mickey999 wrote: Cracker Wayne still work at Dania?
... Not for months now.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Not sure about Dania - But at DFP - no whitebait because Bluefish schools have been marauding ANYTHING that moves....even the houndies are getting torn to shreds....

Though there has been a few snall schools in at the shoreline at daybreak, but after the sun is up for a bit - they scatter fast.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Dania was frikin' dead on Fri. I was there from 8am-noon. A few baits in the AM, that's about it.

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Was in dania on Sat night 8:30pm to 1:00am no bait in the water at all :thumbdown: , no one was catching anything I went with a friend of mine and his wife and he was able to pull out two blue's nice size one was 20 inch and and the other one was 17 inches. Oh and my wife was able to cacth more than me but we had a good time. All the time the current was incoming.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Bad night to fish.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

cybereagle wrote:Was in dania on Sat night 8:30pm to 1:00am no bait in the water at all :thumbdown: , no one was catching anything I went with a friend of mine and his wife and he was able to pull out two blue's nice size one was 20 inch and and the other one was 17 inches. Oh and my wife was able to cacth more than me but we had a good time. All the time the current was incoming.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Bad night to fish.
Its a good thing when your wife catches more fish. :D Too bad you didnt have a good day of fishing but beats sitting around the house watching TV. :thumright:

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

LOL, 8) 50% of the time that happens but is all for the sport of fishing. :happyfisherman:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

If I told you have many times I have been skunked fishing at Anglins you would freak out. I look at it as putting my time in and enjoying the great outdoors. If I have good company it makes it even better. :D

ddratler
Old Salt

Post by ddratler »

fishing from 1 to 6pm on Sunday
for bait there was a small school of ballyhoo by a chum bag at the tee, a few small runners, and a whole bunch of big sandfleas north of the pier
didn't get one hit using any of these all day :cry: :pale: :nopity:

word on the pier: (less fresh water) + (cold front) = :happyfisherman:
fishings only boring if you suck at catching fish

Dani D

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Dont know if that is true the reports for dania on friday were the same thing nothing. I was there on Sat night and it was dead. :thumbdown:

swtaznlaogrl
Fisher

Post by swtaznlaogrl »

Hey guys! I'm a newb to this forum n fishing at dania pier. I work off of stirling n was thinking about hitting up the pier after work sometime this week around 5ish. I was wondering what kind of bait is there and how to get it. Could I cast a net or shoud i use a sabiki? I dont really mind what i catch i just like to fish for the excitement of catching something :-P

dolla101
Fisher

Post by dolla101 »

does any1 have any reports for today??? i'm thinkin about going out probably around 6pm..& does any1 no when the tides come in?

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

BEOWULF wrote:Dania was frikin' dead on Fri. I was there from 8am-noon. A few baits in the AM, that's about it.
It was dead for the rest of the day too. I saw one mack flipped and a couple of blue runners caught. No followers.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

swtaznlaogrl wrote:Hey guys! I'm a newb to this forum n fishing at dania pier. I work off of stirling n was thinking about hitting up the pier after work sometime this week around 5ish. I was wondering what kind of bait is there and how to get it. Could I cast a net or shoud i use a sabiki? I dont really mind what i catch i just like to fish for the excitement of catching something :-P
Welcome to the fourm. Before you bring your cast net to the pier I would call ahead to make sure they allow it. If you go to the main web site page there is a list of pier's phone numbers. Sabiki #3 or #4 works great. Make sure you bring green and red version incase they favor a different color. As for bait being there it is a tough call. Sometimes their there and sometimes nothing. Last resort buy fresh or frozen bait or catch grunts or any small fish and use them as cut or live. Good luck.

crazyforfish
Fisher

Post by crazyforfish »

No nets at Dania, only sabiki I saw a guy almost kik-out for use one good luck!!! :D

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”