Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by WetWillie »

You guys PMO! I'm the last dude to post on here and that was two freakin' weeks ago. Hey, I only get to go fishing usually on Sunday mornings cause I'm one of those blue collar working dudes, but at least I can take a minute and post about what I didn't catch (usually). Come on, people! I know somebody out there has been to Pompano Pier in the last two weeks. Okay, yeah, I been having a few rum and cokes, but that won't stop me. I'm ranting! I'll be out there in the morning and I'll post tomorrow afternoon. So, from now on, if you ain't posting reports, you're lame! If you don't like the pier, think another one is better, fine. But I know some of you are out there. Oh, and Cap'n Morgan says, step up and grow a pair!! Out! :toast:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Okay, here we go! Sunday morning, the sun broke over the horizon about 7:07 a.m. and the sunrise was fantastic. The ocean was rolling with about 3 foot seas and it really looked promising for pomps and macks. The wind was kind of east at 7 to 10 and I was thinking, "Let's max out our limit in the first hour. Yeah, well that was a Christmas wish that didn't get fulfulled!! I tossed live 'dines with a stinger, Gotchas, white bucktails, yellow grubs, silver and gold spoons, Yozuri's, live fleas, rubber fleas, dead shrimp....heck, I shoulda just thrown my tackle box over the side and see what hit what. Okay, so the wife (The Warden) drops in a sabiki and hooks a 4 pound muhara (sp?) AND a 3 pound spot (chub) at the same time. A double!! And this is on one of my ultra-lights. Boy, it was fun trying to get that over the rail, but we did. Bottom line (pun intended), we hauled butt home and got stinky on beer and watched the 'Fins win over those stinkin' Jetz! Champs, baby!! See ya! I wish to hell somebody else would post on here. I'm getting tired of reading about myself. Out! :reeling:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice report. As far as more reports pass the word on at the pier about the site. Pompano for some reason has never had steady reports on here. Share the site with some regulars on the pier , you would be shocked how intrested people are with what this site has to offer for pier fishermen and women.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

WetWillie wrote:You guys PMO! I'm the last dude to post on here and that was two freakin' weeks ago:
I had that issue on the DFP thread a year or so back...
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

kingsrt954
Fisher

Post by kingsrt954 »

Going out there for the night. I let ya'll know in the morning.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

good luck :thumright:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”