Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2008

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2008

Post by JunoChris »

There wont be bait in Nov. at Juno. Bring x-raps, pomp jigs, and spoons. If you want something decent bring something to swim runners, bluefish, or ladyfish.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Any good reports for the last few days???
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

BornFishermen
Fisher

Post by BornFishermen »

Fished from the time it opened until about 10am today in search for some pompano. waters still to dirty out there but did manage to bring home two nice pomps for dinner. Also a lot of blue fish and ribbon fish being caught, nothing really going on besides that though...

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Thanks for the report.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

jamel13
Old Salt

Post by jamel13 »

TarponRob wrote:
To everyone I have fished with on the forum, it has been my pleasure. I treasure my times fishing just below my daughter's birth. My final words of wisdom: Release more than you catch, don't judge a good day or bad day by the quantity of fish, but the quality of your experiences and share fishing with others. It is, simply put, The Best.

Rob
Fishing with you @ Anglins was one of the best times in my fishing life. I will cherish it 'til the end... You take care and wish you all the best!

Janet, Choi & AJ

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Friday evening was good with a good amount of pomps, bluefish, mackeral, and ladyfish. I landed two Blacktips around 6ft and there was another one hooked by someone else.
Saturday there was a lot of small pomps and a few keepers, lots of small jacks, and some bluefish. No sharks.
Sunday there was bluefish, bluefish, and more bluefish but nothing else. Even with all the bluefish I didnt get one shark hit and didnt see any sign of them.
Team Blackbart

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Thanks for the report JC. I love reading these as it sometimes is a precursor for things to come to deerfield in a FEW DAYS !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

It wasnt that great unless you like small jacks and bluefish. If the sharks are there like they were on Friday then its a good day, but if they arent then its just a lot small stuff.
The pier was garbage today too dirty, but we found the fish farther south and crushed jacks, ladyfish, blacktips, got one tarpon, and hooked up on a real nice bull for a while.
Team Blackbart

snapperman191

Post by snapperman191 »

anyone fish the pier today?

bigboyjames11
Old Salt

Post by bigboyjames11 »

anyone seen any permitt around? im going to try and get down there in a month or so and thats what im going to target.
only the big and strong survive

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I dont know about Permit but there has been a good amount of Pompano this weekend. There were a lot of shorts but most people who fish them hard got thier limits of nice sized fish. The water color had become pretty bad by late afternoon yesterday so I dont know if they will be there today or not.
There were a lot of pieces of garbage out there yesterday killing every less then 2 ft blacktip that came up yesterday, at least 15 blacktips and one that I dont know what species it was (it was colored like a Lemon but it wasnt a Lemon). There is no talking to those people about the slow growth rates or declining numbers of sharks. They dont speak English and the ones that do dont care. I welcome whoever wants to come up here and fish Juno, just dont rape our fish population the way it has been done down south.
Team Blackbart

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Chris, is there no size limit on the 'Tips?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I dont think so, but I have never had to look cause I dont keep them. There really needs to be a size limit on sharks, most of the people who keep them arent good enough fisherman to catch sharks of decent size so that would solve that problem. Our local orientials (however you spell that) keep most everything they catch but at least I can convince them to let the sharks and undersized fish go (they are also very friendly and polite), I cant say as much for the crowd from Miami.
On a more positive note there were pompano at the pier again today although many were undersized. There were large schools of bluefish, jacks, and even some nice sharks around. The pier doesnt open 24 hours until the 1st of Nov. but tonight would have been a great for an all nighter.
Team Blackbart

bigboyjames11
Old Salt

Post by bigboyjames11 »

there is no size limit but u can only keep one shark a day per person i believe
only the big and strong survive

james380

Post by james380 »

Chris thanks for the report as always. The PB Post today mentioned Snapper. Any truth to that? I'm guessing they aren't a regular catch?

James I think you're correct, but I'm not 100%.
- Charlton Heston

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

BBJames is right. You are allow to keep one shark person. But people need to use common sense when keeping shark. Same deal as Grovers. 10" is way too small to keep but people do it anyways because its the rules.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Snapper at Juno? Thats a joke, we barely had any snapper this summer, just that short run of Muttons. The water got real dirty yesterday and there was a lot of undersized pompano with one or two keepers. The ribbonfish began to show up again, so I went a little farther south like I always do when the water gets too dirty at Juno.
Team Blackbart

james380

Post by james380 »

Yep that's what I figured. Some one probably caught a legal Grover so the pier reported it. I guess i'll stick to piers with structure until Juno's winter fish come to play.
- Charlton Heston

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

The winter fish are already here, its just a matter of the water staying half way decent. Monday and tuesday the pompano and bluefish were solid as it gets, both on just about every cast depending on where you were on the pier. There was a big Hammer around and big spinners. But then the water got too dirty and yesterday they were getting ribbonfish and catfish.
When the water gets dirty like that we go a little farther south to find better water. Yesterday we found the bait in cleaner water and crushed the jacks.
Team Blackbart

james380

Post by james380 »

The dirty water is the other reason i've been going south.
- Charlton Heston

BornFishermen
Fisher

Post by BornFishermen »

hey how was the water today.. still dirty? might try to get out there in the morning

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

The water was real bad yesterday with catfish and ribbonfish around.
James - Even I will be heading south tomorrow. I dont like having to go anywhere other then Juno but it just isnt happening there right now with the poor water quality.
Team Blackbart

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Went up there for a hour before close today. The water is really dirty but there was a good amount of spinners and blacktips around. I caught one about 6ft and Dave landed one. Other then the sharks the only thing I saw caught was catfish, we had to bring jacks and ladyfish from the freezer for shark baits.
Team Blackbart

WishinIWasThere
Fisher

Post by WishinIWasThere »

What has caused the water to be dirty and what wil it take for it to clear up?

SaltyKoi
Fisher

Post by SaltyKoi »

Water clear up yet? Winter season is gearing up. Past couple winters, the fishing there was pretty bad. Hopefully it picks up this season. Looking forward to cobes and spinners with the occasionaly monster jack runs this year.

waternut
Fisher

Post by waternut »

I was there yesterday morning for about 1.5 hours. The water clarity was still not great. I did see a number of small pomps caught, bonnetheads and ribbonfish. I did not see any bluefish or macs. We picked up a few nice size croakers but did not have alot of time to fish. I may try my luck later at dusk.

Fishygoddess

Post by Fishygoddess »

Water's still murky as of last night. Mostly catfish and more ribbonfish. Good thing there was a family there who was happy to collect everyone's ribbonfish catch! I heard a couple of people say they caught smaller snappers earlier.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

My girl caught a really nice pomp yesterday before dark and there was two other big ones caught, all three were about 3 or 4 pds. A hand full of bluefish and but no sharks. The water is still dirty and the swell from the north is not helping.
Team Blackbart

waternut
Fisher

Post by waternut »

JunoChris, congrats to your girl for that very nice pomp. I tried surffishing north of pier the last hour of daylight but there was too much weed coming in with the waves and gave up after about 45 minutes. I may try the pier later today. Just curious what bait were the pomps caught on?

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”