RIP-- Tommy Shook---AKA-- ZEBCO

cudaking305
Old Salt

Re: RIP-- Tommy Shook---AKA-- ZEBCO

Post by cudaking305 »

RIP Tommy he taught me all i know about pompano fishing, I remember the days where there would be nothing at Dania so we would walk to the front and just talk to him about the "good ol days". He is one of the first people I met when I started fishing Dania. He always use to send me pics of what he caught that day from where ever he was fishing. I heard he was in his house for 2 weeks before they found him. If I find anything else out ill be sure to post it up.
Fishing all day everyday

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Can't believe I'm reading all this. Can't believe all these posts. All I can say is WTF? If anybody can find out more about this, we'd all love to know, so please share. Tommy, we are all stunned and speechless. It's like we can't breathe anymore. I will miss all your wit and sarcasm here on the forum. Your knowledge of our sport is limitless and astounding. The historic pics and data you posted was equally amazing. Tonight, there is a hole in the universe and we are all standing around with our mouths open. RIP, buddy. And thanks for the memories. Fair winds and following seas! :salut:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

SAMJOECAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SAMJOECAST »

Didn't know him, Although my condolences to his family and those close to him... RIP

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

WOW!!! JUST LOGGING ON FOR THE FIRST TIME TO SEE THE SAD NEWS...EVEN THO I HAVE NEVER MET HIM, MAY HE REST IN PEACE AND FISH WITH THE ALMIGHTY.

outkast
Fisher

Post by outkast »

This sucks, can't believe it. R.I.P. Tommy you will be missed.

jbuck501
Old Salt

Post by jbuck501 »

WOW!! Zebco was one of the first people I met in person when we moved here. He ALWAYS gave good advise on fishing when talking to him in person. I loved his sense of humor here also.

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

You will be missed zeb specially your sarcastic ness and everything you showed us all, now there is no one to keep the Asians in check rip zeb
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

this is not what i expected logging in just now. tommy was good people. hell i remember first exchanging words with him fall of last yr in the am at anglin's we talked bout bartending, the business, djing, drinking just all kinds of random stuff for awhile and similar ppl we have known throughout all our yrs in the business etc...really cool dude and it sucks we never know just how long we have, an hour two? a day a week? sH##Y news. we will meet again im sure as everything finds its way back and birds of feathers will flock no matter what time or space or dimension. be well tommy.

have spots ready for us on the other side brother. until next time....

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

anyone have a good pic of tommy for memorial sake on here?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I've known him over 25 years and don't have a picture of him. He really wasn't one for pictures.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

jezratty
Old Salt

Post by jezratty »

man this is so sad, i didnt know tommy but my condolences go out to his family!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

what!!!! Zebco is no longer with us!!!! this is really tragic. i only know him on here but he always had some funny ass comments to make. he put alot of humor on this forum and kept it live. rest in piece ZEB. maybe on the other side there are much bigger pompano.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

WOW what a bummer. RIP Zebco. I only met you once but nice guy.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Shocked. My best to his survivors. RIP

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Wow.. this is crazy! Tommy was always a smart ass and mean to me on the pier..but mean in a nice way of trying to help me not be a googan.. lol He will be missed, I wonder how he went so young???

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

So sad to hear the news bro. We didn't meet in person but I have read many a post because of seeing he had a response. Never knew if it would be sarcastic or just straight fishing info. I was glad when he removed that chucky avatar cause that thing was freaky but he brought it back for whatever reason.
Hey man Nice wife beater shirt. You can all be assured this forum was one of his favorite places to be. Just yesterday while fishing I was thinking of that black and white style of rod as I have a couple with white trim.
Rip

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

BOATS.HOES
Fisher

Post by BOATS.HOES »

Great guy, said everything strait up, taught me alot when i fished dania almost every weekend just went to the shack and he taught me nicko and achot all how to kill fish, tie knots, and basically fish. he passed two weeks before anyone found him in his house. then his mom and brother finally found him, must of been the worst site possible for his mom. he was soo young at the time. i garnette hes taught almost every pier rat something about fishing. RIP bro
GET THAT!

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Sorry for the shakyness of the video did it quick also You tube has to adjust everything which made it worse.

I am uploading another short piece of vid of him tying up his rod for Macks will post when it is done uploading.

I will try to find more and post, I have vids back to 1999 when I got my first real cam

-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Thanks for the videos.Are you guys planing to do a memorial service?That would be really nice.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Can't believe it. I will miss his posts and miss seeing him out on the pier. Great guy in person. He netted my last snook. He told me to keep my net on the side I'm fishing. Always a straight up guy when it came to fishing.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

You aint the only one Jetty... :-( and I didnt even know the guy in person... Regardless, his online persona was larger than life, from that alone i can concur that he was a very cool cat to listen to, one of those that you never want to be silent! We'll keep fishing in your honor bud, rest in peace and I too shall happily release my first keeper pompano this year in your memory...

-swordfish

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

jettypark28 wrote:I know it really doesnt matter but maybe it might... how did he pass ??
I been wondering about getting myself checkout but i'm so hardheaded that
i overlook it and keep telling myself i will do it tomorrow... :cry:

Old school guys like myself don't think about things like that and when it happens
to someone you feel close too, well it just opens your eyes...

I hope that Tommy knows how this forum felt about him... life is short and sometimes
we forget that.... Hold your loved one close and give your friends a call...

because you just never know .....I'm still sadded by this damn it... :cry:

This is so true.I was thinking the same thing the other day.We forget how short life is.Make sure you tell your loved ones how much you love them and say hi to a fisherman you know wherever you see them.Coz you never know.That maybe the last time you see him or her.
Life is just to short.Enjoy it as much as you can.
It will be strange not to see Tommy sitting on his cooler at Dania in pompano season for sure.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Sorry for the shakyness of the video did it quick also You tube has to adjust everything which made it worse.

I am uploading another short piece of vid of him tying up his rod for Macks will post when it is done uploading.

I will try to find more and post, I have vids back to 1999 when I got my first real cam

I remember that day well Tommy. You, Zeb and me, usually in that spot. That's one of the last times I fished with him.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY PRESENTED BY ???????????????”