Re: RIP-- Tommy Shook---AKA-- ZEBCO

Post by Green Tide »

Thanks for the reports Tommy.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

He is in a better place than many of us. Here are some pics of this morning.
DSC05017-small.jpg
DSC05018-small.jpg
DSC05019-small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chynanoone
Fisher

Post by Chynanoone »

Hello,

To everyone who came this morning to say good bye to my Brother, thank you. You are all such wonderful people...I am so happy that Tommy knew you all. I hope to meet you all again...perhaps on the pier casting a line soon....

Selina

Fish'in folks are better the folks! :reeling:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

I enjoyed the memorial service on Saturday morning. Lots of friends and family came out to not only say a last farewell but to talk about, tell stories and celebrate a life that touched all of us, either in person or out here in the cyber world. It was great to see all you Brothers and Sisters of the Wooden Plank gathered together and showing support for a fallen comrade and master fisherman who was taken from us entirely too early. I imagine Tommy in a much better place now, albeit, in my mind, still standing at the rail, getting ready to cast, and a huge school of pompano, pushing each other out of the way, trying to get to his hook. Oh, and there's a smile of great anticipation on Tommy's face, just knowing what's about to happen. So, as I stood among the crowd, sun shining down on the water and on all of us, closing a chapter in the book we call "Fishing", I felt the unspoken camaraderie shared with him. The entire morning was a demonstration of love and support for his family. We, who are left behind, must now continue with what we have, in the time we have left. There simply is no other choice. Farewell, Tommy! And thanks for being here. Prayers for comfort and strength go up for his family and relatives. Until the next time, fair weather, good current, lots of bait and hungry fish. Out! :salut:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

Chynanoone
Fisher

Post by Chynanoone »

WetWillie wrote:I imagine Tommy in a much better place now, albeit, in my mind, still standing at the rail, getting ready to cast, and a huge school of pompano, pushing each other out of the way, trying to get to his hook. Oh, and there's a smile of great anticipation on Tommy's face, just knowing what's about to happen.
Thank you WetWillie, what you wrote is lovely...When I was reading your reply I could picture Tommy as you described with his Cheshire cat smile he had.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

I am so sorry I could not make it saturday.Some times you have no choice but to do whatever some one else want you to do.
Thanks WetWillie for the kind words.Well said.

Ken+
Old Salt

Post by Ken+ »

Wow! I haven't log on in a while and I just saw this. Although I have only read Tommy's post on the forum, he's always been helpful and I liked his wits. RIP Tommy, and condolences to his family and friends.

LandCharK
Fisher

Post by LandCharK »

Great guy! even better Fisherman , he will be missed....Hardcore to the bone....anybody know what happened, dam!?

cubapnea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by cubapnea »

I just read the whole thread!!... sad news..met him once since I never fish piers but his character was not to be forgotten... his post were certainly not to be forgotten , may he rest and fish in heaven!!

roost-1
Fisher

Post by roost-1 »

Never met him but I read a number of his posts. RIP. :reeling:

ChadPrimal
Fisher

Post by ChadPrimal »

I'm sorry for your loss.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

I've been away for the winter and missed this entirely. I am so bummed, I never realized how "attached" I have become to some of the people on this forum, the people who respond to my posts, the advice I read from other posts, members sharing stories...I feel like crying. I am so sorry I could not be there. I surely would have dropped everything to attend, sadly I am out of country.
I am guessing that it is private as to how he passed away? Is this the same Zebco with the tag on his member info "don't even think about it!" with the pic of the young kid pointing at the camera?
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

New Heritage Fishing
Weekend Warrior

Post by New Heritage Fishing »

I don't know if it's appropriate for me to chime in here or not, as I've never met any of you personally, with the exception of my friend cvstrat (forum handle). But I have had the good fortune to have experienced a great deal of adventure in the outdoors across our great country, and indeed some great loss as well.

My father once said...

It's the times that we are sitting, watching idle waters staring back at us, that we inherently look out to the horizon, as far as we can see, and something, call it God, or Nature or whatever you'd like, is present. We're not always sure what it is that we're looking at, and more confounding yet, we're not sure why we're even here. But we must believe it's for something good... and those that came before us are there, waiting. We're all very small creatures, unimaginably so. Like single baitfish in a cloud of passage. We shift, change direction, go with the flow, and never question why. The tiny fish that aren't part of the school, are swallowed by life's invisible predators... one's we never see while inside the mass of our peers. But it is just that, the wild curiosities that would cause a single fish to leave the school... and should he be swallowed up by one of life's unseen foes, well at least he has satisfied something that none of the others have known... to have lived by his own terms.

I wish that those of you who knew and perhaps loved your friend, Mr. Zebco, can find the solace in those words that I have found through the years.

He's in every cast, every diving bird, every smell of salty air and every smile that it may bring you all.

Taking a knee for your loss,

Jacob

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

I've been gone way too long and I decide to log on to check out the BF forums and this is something that really blew me away. My heart dropped and felt really heavy after reading the title of this post. My prayers and condolences to friends and family. I met him at Dania and we knew who each other were when we met but kept it quiet and understood each other during our small talk. He was indeed very knowledgeable. You will be missed!
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

ILovePinkFish
Fisher

Post by ILovePinkFish »

Haven't logged on in a year (haven't fished for that long, sadly). Tommy was one cool cat, this is sad to hear. I remember meeting him over at Dania Pier and him laughing about how he liked to stir trouble on this forum and teaching me where to cast. Very cool guy. What a shame :(

Rob762
Fisher

Post by Rob762 »

Thinking of Tommy today. Pomps should be here soon my friend.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I miss him. The forum and local fishing lost something the day he passed. Always a character whether online or in person. Tommy was a fountain of knowledge and willing to share it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Rob and Chris, I feel the same. Funny thing is I dont rly log in as much as I used to but 'the season' kinda brought me here.......as I think of pomp season, Tommy always comes to mind

(tommy
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Speaking of the devil, Joe, Chris, and I were out last week. Among Joe's gear was a distinctive black rod with white guide wraps. 8) Hard to go to Anglens without his name coming up. Dania"ll never be the same.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

he was like a second father to my son. taught my son all kinds of pomp secrets. "he is gone but not forgotten"

fldoowop
Seasoned Fisher

Post by fldoowop »

It's been a long time since I dropped in to see what's happening on BF.
Actually went fishing today and plan to go again Fri. so figured "what the hell".

Then I spotted this thread and immediately remembered the way Zebco posted on BF.
ALMOST always seemed sarcastic to me, but also really made me smile. He had a very dry sense of humor.
Can't believe he's gone. Not the first thing you want to see when stopping by to say hi to friends.
Still having to dry my eyes....damn.

Sorry to see you go Zebco, you will really be missed.
Someday I'll catch the big one.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

yup ,he sure was funny ,I pass by the pier to meet him in person a couple of times ,I wasn't able .

ILovePinkFish
Fisher

Post by ILovePinkFish »

I was talking to my GF about this forum as she didn't think "boatless fishing" could have a forum lol. Logged on after a long while and seems only fitting I raise a rod and pay respect to "ZEBCO." His funny antics and sound advice in person were always welcomed after a long day.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Same to you but more of it

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Return to “SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY PRESENTED BY ???????????????”