Fishing the keys for the first time

Ask or Tell us Anything that is not about Fishing, this is the Off Topic Section for the light hearted things.
cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Fishing the keys for the first time

Post by cvstrat »

Ever since I left Florida, I've been moonlighting as a writer. Created my own website to start aggregating some of my writing, and the first thing I put down was the story of how I went to fish the keys for the first time. I just realized I never shared it with you guys! It was a pretty crazy journey and something I'll never forget. Maybe it'll remind you of how it felt to go down there the first time! I can't wait to get back.

http://www.chrisvaden.com/fishing-in-the-florida-keys/

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Fishing the keys for the first time

Post by swordfish »

Very cool, thx for sharing bud!

-Swordfish

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Great story, brought back some old memories. Enjoyed the pics as well. :cheers:
Fish Crazy

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I always get that feeling like it's my first time every time I go down to paradise. Many don't get it and that's just fine by me.... (more room to enjoy) My home away from home!

I will say that going down with good friends that enjoy everything that comes with it and gets the same vibe adds more icing on the cake.

Nice write up, Chris.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

To me, it was truly fascinating experience and awakening after i learned the history of those railroad bridges (we call paradise) as part of Florida overseas railroad by Mr Henry Flagler more than a century ago. Before I knew the history, I just thought they were old bridge replaced by traffic bridges...
Like those big ships sunk to make shipwreck for boat fisherman, these keys railroad bridges are left for us, boatless fishermen as true blessing... :thumright:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

kblue wrote:To me, it was truly fascinating experience and awakening after i learned the history of those railroad bridges (we call paradise) as part of Florida overseas railroad by Mr Henry Flagler more than a century ago. Before I knew the history, I just thought they were old bridge replaced by traffic bridges...
Like those big ships sunk to make shipwreck for boat fisherman, these keys railroad bridges are left for us, boatless fishermen as true blessing... :thumright:
I am right there with you Kblue... Last train to paradise was an awesome read... It was incredible all the hardships and heartbreak not to mention blood, sweat and tears that arose from that "foolish" attempt to conquer the seas. No matter what kind of fishing I am doing, there's just something special that happens when you pass that Dade / Monroe county line that just soothes my soul and makes everything alright... No matter the trouble in life, that cleanses my soul and allows me to face what I call my "in between fishing trips" time...

-Swordfish

Return to “Off Topic Lounge "light hearted"”