8th Adopt a Bridge Channel 2 cleanup 06-06-09

This is all past threads on the different Adopt a bridge events that we have joined together and done.
tinkhpytouqz
Weekend Warrior

Re: 8th Adopt a Bridge Channel 2 cleanup 06-06-09

Post by tinkhpytouqz »

Had a great time Saturday! It was awesome meeting you guys!
Team No Nuts.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice seeing everyone at the cleanup and thanks for taking the time out of your busy lives to make a difference. I had a couple come up to me to thank us for our effort. The same couple BOLO had do the same to him, so the locals seem thankful for our time.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Here is a group shot minus one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Great looking clique. :thumright:
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

It was great to once again clean up the bridge with you guys... :toast:

4wheelangler
KING MACKEREL

Post by 4wheelangler »

Great job! Sorry I missed it! I was really looking forward to the group picture :pirat: well, ok, to seeing everyone too! LoL! I'll see you all at the next one.

I woke up Sat morning to find my reef tank leaked into my living room and kitchen overnight. I spent the rest of the day rescuing the fish & corals, cleaning up and repairing the tank. Luckily I only lost one fish but lost about 88% of my corals. :(

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Juan sucks about the tank. It did seem funny you not showing up at the last second to jump into the picture though.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Monica
Fisher

Post by Monica »

Elly, Tommy & the rest:
Thanks to you all again for doing a monthly cleanup at Channel 2! By the way, that was National Trails Day so it was really cool that you were out there. Our trail rangers got the bags yesterday and really appreciate the help.

Pretty soon that bridge will close so the platforms can be installed. They are also putting in some trail from Lower Matecumbe to Channel 5 bridge - I'll let you know as soon as I know the start date. Also, I told Elly that your adopt-a-bridge signs are in (one for each end of the bridge) but since that will soon be a construction zone, we will wait till that project is done before we post.

I've posted a link below of a nice article on the trail came out in the Weekly Newspaper and BF was mentioned! Hopefully it will spur other groups to adopt a bridge. I submitted some of my photos and they used one of 2 of your members (father and daughter) - See link:
http://www.keysweekly.com/news_articles ... n_earnest/

So lots of cool things are happening... We're glad your group is part of it all - thanks again!!
Monica

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

4wheelangler wrote:Great job! Sorry I missed it! I was really looking forward to the group picture :pirat: well, ok, to seeing everyone too! LoL! I'll see you all at the next one.

I woke up Sat morning to find my reef tank leaked into my living room and kitchen overnight. I spent the rest of the day rescuing the fish & corals, cleaning up and repairing the tank. Luckily I only lost one fish but lost about 88% of my corals. :(
That sucks ass. We had a space for you in our group picture. It was next to the trash can on the slope. :D

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

4wheelangler wrote:Great job! Sorry I missed it! I was really looking forward to the group picture :pirat: well, ok, to seeing everyone too! LoL! I'll see you all at the next one.

That sucks dude, did a seam split on the display? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

What size tank did you have?

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

I had a great time at the clean-up. It was a lot of fun meeting everybody and maybe after another couple of clean-ups, I'll remember everybody's real name. Kinda strange needing a screen name for a point of reference, but what the heck.

Jim and I fished channel 2 & 5 until 9:30 and caught nothing of note. May I never see another porkfish.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, It's much more important than that.

4wheelangler
KING MACKEREL

Post by 4wheelangler »

bolo wrote:

That sucks ass. We had a space for you in our group picture. It was next to the trash can on the slope. :D
:uplol: LoL, Bolo always spreading the love!! You just wait, by next year I'll be haulin azz up that slope in a shiny new 4x4.

4wheelangler
KING MACKEREL

Post by 4wheelangler »

WhoDey wrote:

That sucks dude, did a seam split on the display? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Check out this thread I made in order to no D-rail here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14583&p=146268#p146268

4wheelangler
KING MACKEREL

Post by 4wheelangler »

bolo wrote:What size tank did you have?
140 gallon 5'x20"x18"

Check out this thread I made in order to not D-rail here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14583&p=146268#p146268

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

4wheelangler wrote: :uplol: LoL, Bolo always spreading the love!! You just wait, by next year I'll be haulin azz up that slope in a shiny new 4x4.
Let me know so i can get you a pair of fuzzy dices to hang your chair. :D

4wheelangler
KING MACKEREL

Post by 4wheelangler »

bolo wrote:
4wheelangler wrote: :uplol: LoL, Bolo always spreading the love!! You just wait, by next year I'll be haulin azz up that slope in a shiny new 4x4.
Let me know so i can get you a pair of fuzzy dices to hang your chair. :D
:cheers:

Return to “Adopt a Bridge past events”