2008 SBFG SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY

Info, Photos and leaderboard, Official threads for 2008
baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

2008 SBFG SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY

Post by baitwetter »

Information regarding this years tourney will be posted here. Check back soon!!!
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

budman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by budman »

same rules ? same time frame ? need any help ?
sponsored by: APAT Designer Services

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

rules are being worked on with some changes. Time frame might be the same but date will not be. Always need help. Will let everyone know when we are ready. As always, thanks for the offer Bud!!!
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

Bridge Rat wrote:psssst...change age limit
please :(
BEAST
snapperkiller

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

snapperkiller wrote:
Bridge Rat wrote:psssst...change age limit
please :(
I triple that.
Can you guys just make us sign a liability form, that way we could have all junior teams.
I know a bunch of us who want to participate.

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

whats the age limit know and how low are you going for

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

NICK123 wrote:whats the age limit know and how low are you going for
Im 16 but know some guys who are 13 and really want to participate.
The age was 18 last year i think.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Hey guys, we listened last year and allowed required at least one member to be over 18 AND all minors parents had to sign a waiver in front of an SBFG rep. No, we will not allow all underage teams now or in the future. Minors cannot sign their own waivers. If you have more than three minors that want to fish, then make two teams. The fourth must always be an adult. Sorry but it will have to remain that way.

Thanks.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

I understand the waiver thing, but why do we need a adult to be on the team? not challenging, just want an explanation.
BEAST
snapperkiller

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Guys look, an consenting parent is the only person that can allow you to fish in this tourney. The adult on the team will be considered the team captain and will be responsible for the actions of the team members. Minors legally cannot sign a release of liability waiver and only their parents can do that.

I dont know how to explain this, again, so that you understand. The rules are final.

THERE MUST BE ONE ADULT OVER THE AGE OF 18 ON EVERY TEAM AND EVERY MINOR TEAM MEMBER MUST HAVE THEIR PARENTS SIGN A RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER. PERIOD.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

does the adult have to be with us while we are fishing or can they just be captain?
BEAST
snapperkiller

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

whats the fee

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

snapperkiller wrote:does the adult have to be with us while we are fishing or can they just be captain?
I already asked him and they have to be with us :(

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

:? :P
Last edited by gruntking on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

MoJo
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by MoJo »

Drum roll please........

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

LOL MOJO... I'm looking forward to another Tournament. I'll help in the same compacity as the past year. If any other help is needed hopefully i'll be able to oblige.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

islandflyfisher
KING MACKEREL

Post by islandflyfisher »

I skimmed the rules for last year a while ago. How do you prove that a shark is at least five feet, especially if you are fishing off a dock or pier?

Is it just judged based on that it looks 5'?

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

There was a measurement tool and photo analysis system used for scale. There may be something different this year but just wait until the rules come out.

Islandflyfisher,
Are you planning on fishing this year?

islandflyfisher
KING MACKEREL

mikeypbg wrote: Islandflyfisher,
Are you planning on fishing this year?
I was planning on it, but...
I just read this:
frentals wrote:
snapperkiller wrote:does the adult have to be with us while we are fishing or can they just be captain?
I already asked him and they have to be with us :(
Not sure what I am going to do now.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

What you do is, find a parent who will sponsor a team of three. So its one adult, plus three junior anglers.

The way I look at it, even with my own transportation, money etc. it was still really hard to compete last year. The guys who were contenders went ballz out from day one and didnt stop until it ended. They quit jobs, lost girlfriends and wives, forgot about everything they had going until the last min of the last day of the tourney. It was their lives.

So what I have to say to all the interested junior anglers, form teams of three and get some parents involved. The fondest memories of fishing I have are when my dad would take me, and now I enjoy when I get to take him. This is your opportunity to get your folks to support your hobby.

Think about it.

islandflyfisher
KING MACKEREL

mikeypbg wrote:What you do is, find a parent who will sponsor a team of three. So its one adult, plus three junior anglers.

So what I have to say to all the interested junior anglers, form teams of three and get some parents involved. The fondest memories of fishing I have are when my dad would take me, and now I enjoy when I get to take him. This is your opportunity to get your folks to support your hobby.

Think about it.
I fish with my dad all the time, and he is my favorite fishing partner, but he isn't into the shark fishing I do.
The 18+ team member will be a friend of ours, if we enter.

The problem is not getting a team captain, it is the fishing with the team captain. I do a lot of my sharkfishing alone from a dock, and only some of the sharkfishing we do is together. I am assuming that I am interpreting the rule correctly in that you have to fish with the team captain.

I do understand that it takes a lot to be competative. If we fish it, it is going to be for fun, and if we do well, then great.

MoJo
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: 2008 SBFG SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY

Post by MoJo »

baitwetter wrote:Information regarding this years tourney will be posted here. Check back soon!!!
Does this tourney have Entrys/Prizes for an indivdual entry as well as with Team entrys??

frayedknot
KING MACKEREL

Post by frayedknot »

Thinking about joining up. Just need to get the gear in order.

islandflyfisher
KING MACKEREL

If we have the signed form to fish the tourney, then why do the anglers under 18 have to fish with the team captain, or do we? Am I interpreting this rule correctly?

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

Beachbum wrote:Can I fish solo....and do I have to use a rod & reel or can I just grab them by the tail and drag them up?

And I thought I was going to have to ask..thanks for stepping up there paul :wink:
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

Beachbum wrote:I got yer back Zack!
Iknow brotha.. ever since the episode in 73 when the mekong catfish ate our whole platoon besides me and you and we went back to camp and rode the log ride..good times..
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

. :P 8)
Last edited by gruntking on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

MoJo wrote:
baitwetter wrote:Information regarding this years tourney will be posted here. Check back soon!!!
Does this tourney have Entrys/Prizes for an indivdual entry as well as with Team entrys??
Last year i'm pretty sure it was just teams. With beautiful trophies for biggest sharks of certain species and overall biggest shark.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

james380 wrote:
MoJo wrote:
Last year i'm pretty sure it was just teams. With beautiful trophies for biggest sharks of certain species and overall biggest shark.

Just like last year, there may be a biggest shark category---This is for the individual that caught the shark

islandflyfisher
PostPosted: Feb 28, 2008 8:13 pm Post subject:
If we have the signed form to fish the tourney, then why do the anglers under 18 have to fish with the team captain, or do we? Am I interpreting this rule correctly?
As Gus stated before “The adult on the team will be considered the team captain and will be responsible for the actions of the team members.” There is no arguing this point. When you have a team, the team captain will make the decisions for that team.

rsieminski
Seasoned Fisher

Post by rsieminski »

Didn't I read somewhere that it was the whole month of April? So far I have not read any info posted here about the Tourney, except the rules for minors?? Any updates? Is it in April? What are we fishin for: just HH's, or Bull's, Lemon's, BT's, etc? Please, that's only a month away, I'd like to make arrangements for time, gear, etc. We need some info.

Return to “2008 SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY”