Questions and Answers--2008 SBFG Shorebound Shark Tourney

Info, Photos and leaderboard, Official threads for 2008
sharkslayer
Fisher

Post by sharkslayer »

First of all im not bad mouthing anyone! im putting in my 2 cents! You should start listening to what people are saying.. I agree with shark_hunter 100%.

And please dont talk about boat tournaments, The ones i fish in are 100% pay out or really close to. If 60 boats enter at 400.00 per boat =24,000.00, all of that is paid out between 1st 2cd & 3rd! Then there are calcuttas on the side for biggest fish if you want to pay extra.

I think the biggest fish 1000.00 prize should be added to the tournament 1000.00 prize =2000.00winner. have a $10 per team calcutta for biggest fish prize for whoever wants to sign up for it!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

sharkslayer
PostPosted: May 11, 2008 1:57 pm Post subject:
You should start listening to what people are saying..

I want to ask all to first read all the answers because you may find your answers on the previous responses.

Se below these quotes are from previous posts.
cudaman wrote:Posted: May 05, 2008 3:15 pm
We are still working on the secret item, and we are taking into consideration some of your suggestions.
cudaman
PostPosted: May 07, 2008 6:51 pm
We are listening to suggestions but just cannot satisfy all.
So far we have made an adjustment on the bonus points and will make another on the video, when this change is made I will add a post under the current rules one, showing the new changes. These changes are based on the suggestions we have received so far.

We are reading, we are responding, and we are working hard to make this tourney as successful as last year's.

Please Have Some Faith and wait until we have all the sponsorship information up and then, only then we will know how many trophies, prizes, and how much cash will be involved.

P.S. The tourney is 1 and 1/2 months away you all have time...I know some people that are looking for or already have a local tackle shop or pier to sponsor their fees or tackle. Some of you may be able to do the same, just a thought.

Thank you.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I keep hearing that this tourney is getting too big. Isnt the point to get the tourney bigger and include a wider range of fisherman, from a larger area, and give better prizes? If that leaves some people behind then that cant be helped. I dont see any complaining from people who placed in the tourney last year. I am looking forward to fishing for the monetary prizes and can only promise that we will be giving the same amount of effort as we did in the HH challenge this year.
Cudaman - You have a lot longer fuse then I do. I couldnt respond to this thread with as objectivity and patience as you do.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

It sounds like a lot of people want this thing to be tourney for s*&^# and jiggles with their friends from Broward and Dade. I just dont get that. The HH was just very successful and it had teams from Jacksonville and the westcoast and its only a matter of time before the panhandle gets involved. You can fish just for fun anytime, the chances to fish for cash doesnt happen often for us without boats.

picua
Seasoned Fisher

Post by picua »

Ah my friend Cudaman.... Seems like you have your work out for you for this tournament..... Good luck my friend...

rsieminski
Seasoned Fisher

Post by rsieminski »

Is there a list of teams who have committed?

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

rsieminski, There will be a different thread for that.

In regards to changes on the rules

We have listened to many suggestions and have decided to make some changes. Unfortunately we were not able to satisfy all but we have done our best to take many into consideration.

The main change is on the video. We did go back to the basics but we will still require the videos for BIGGEST SHARK PRIZE AND BIGGEST SHARK PER CATEGORY AWARDS OR CALCUTTAS. On the rest of the entries we will only require a digital picture and video will be for bonus points and are optional.

5-TO QUALIFY FOR POINTS: In order to qualify for full points all sharks must have a minimum of 6 feet (full points include bonus points). To qualify for partial points all sharks (with the exception of nurse sharks) which are less than 6 feet but over 4 feet, will qualify for a maximum of 25 points per shark. Following rule #6 a digital picture must be turned in for all entries-to-count.

Other changes include:

Sharks less than 6 feet but over 4 feet*** 25 points

--------------------------------------------BONUS POINTS-----------------------------------------

Video of catch..... 70 Points

Beached photo (no rocks, soft sand only) ** 30 bonus points

Tiger sharks longer than 9 feet..... 50 bonus points

Hammerhead sharks longer than 9 feet..... 50 bonus points

Bull sharks longer than 8 feet..... 50 bonus points

Lemon Sharks longer than 8 feet..... 50 bonus points

*A maximum of 300 accumulative points can be awarded for nurse sharks, bonus points included (in other words no more than 300 total for entire tourney). The nurse shark must measure a minimum of 6 feet.

**Digital photo not a still shot taken from video.

***Sharks less than 6 feet but over 4 feet will receive a maximum of 25 points per valid entry. No video is necessary for sharks under 6 feet but over 4 feet.
......................................................................................................

if you wish to pay with Paypal; In the rules topic there are three Paypal Buttons , please use those buttons and you will be taken to a paypal secure site to complete the transaction. While paying with Paypal please include the team name in the coments to seller.

Please make an effort to read the rules again.

Thank you.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Click on Image above if you are interested

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

The deadline to receive payment has been extended to July 1st.

Please do not send anything to the old P.O. Box send your payments through Paypal or to:

Shorebound Fishing Group, LLC
4520 S.W. 163 Path
Miami, FL 33185

EDIT:
Also please send the forms now, you can send the payments later.

Thank you.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

The amount of teams may look small , but we do have a large amount of participants because most of the teams this year have 5 team members.

Prize payout calculations based on existing amount of Teams that have what it takes

--Entry Fee-------Amount of Teams-------Amount of :thumleft: Participants-------Cash Collected*-------Donations-----Total Collected---
----$50.00----------------12------------------------------56----------------------------$2,750.00------------$50.00------------$2,800.00
*Pete had a free entry from last year

Expenses
Amount needed for BBQ/Awards ceremony------Trophies--------Paypal charges
----------$300.00--------------------------------------$500.00------------$39.85
No money for T-shirts available at the time,hopefully some sponsor will cover them.

Current Estimated Tourney Payouts

---1st Place-----2nd Place------3rd Place------Biggest Shark----Pier and Bridge Kings
---$1,000-----Trophy-------Trophy-------$1,000-------------Trophy-------

Other Categories that will receive trophies and/or prizes

Biggest Hammer-----Biggest Tiger-----Biggest Bull-----Biggest Lemon-----

There will be additional CALCUTTAS, we will collect entry to them at the kick off meeting.

$1,000.00 1st Place
$1,000.00 Biggest Shark
$300.00 BBQ/Awards ceremony
$500.00 Trophies
$39.85 Paypal Charges
$2,839.85 - $2,800 = - 39.85

Amount Left Over From Entry Fee After Tourney Expenses
------------$(-39.85)----------------- And like always we end up loosing money and donating our time... :D

The above does not include any sponsorship. Just like last year, as the tourney goes on, prizes may be added to the winning categories.

:thumleft: A great thanks goes to Mark (maddawgandcrew), and rob762 for the donations, we really appreciate it... :thumright:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

:thumleft: YOU DA MAN ROB! :thumright:

We thank you for your kindness! :D

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

5 man payment made, forms will be sent in tonight.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Thanks Whodey.

The rest of the teams I need the forms please....

Send the forms to:

Shorebound Fishing Group
4520 SW 163 Path
Miami, FL 33185

or simply hand them in to Tom at Anglins.

I am missing forms from:

TEAM OUTCAST
TEAM LAND PIRATES

TEAM REBEL
TEAM GOOGANS

Thanks all.

budman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by budman »

its in the mail bro
sponsored by: APAT Designer Services

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Thanks Bud... :toast:

For those wondering....The captains meeting will be anounced within the next 2 days...

Thanks for your patience... :toast:

Aquaholics
Fisher

Re: Questions and Answers--2008 SBFG Shorebound Shark Tourney

Post by Aquaholics »

:drunk: thanks cudaman great capt meeting can't wait till this thing starts

rcssurfer22
Fisher

Post by rcssurfer22 »

team rips form sent...
Team Rip the Lips!!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Great guys...

For the secret item information check on the following topic:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=9365

budman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by budman »

Just received my registration back from USPS stamped " no such number ". I will send it out again today. Team members are : Bud Halliwell ( captain ), Andrew Fabrizio, and Robert Tanner. All are over 21 by a long shot. Let the games begin, good luck boys and girls.
sponsored by: APAT Designer Services

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Got your form Bud

Thanks for the Donation! :thumleft: :thumright:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Notice to all tourney participants:

Do not e-mail us cell phone camera pics or still shots from a video.
We need to see the picture's properties and be able to zoom in the sharks and measuring tapes.

A cellphone picture does not have properties it will just be a jpeg file. Also an altered picture may change from an original format to just a plain format.

Here is a sample:
image properties.jpg
Here is a pic with the zoomed tape, this will be needed in case the judges ask for it.
pic with zoomed insert.jpg

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “2008 SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY”